RPM Challenge

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Just thought I'd toss this out there.

There's this thing out there on the interwebs called the 'RPM Challenge".

http://www.rpmchallenge.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

Basically, it challenges you to put together an album (10 songs or 35 minutes of music) in the 28 days of February.

My Friends did this last year and invited me to work with them this year on their entry.

The point of it isn't to win, or to lose, or to do anything but to share your musical creativity.

I'm helping my friends in whatever small way I can this year, and my do might own side thing next year.

My suspicion is that there are quite a few musicians here on this forum that might be able to participate.

Heck, maybe next year we could even do a FWW album.....

FWIW....

Man ... if i had any lick of confidence that I could do much more than a 12bar blues rhythm on my guitar, I'd give it a go. Maybe a goal to shoot for next year. Good luck, Brent!

Jason,

That's the whole point!

Just get some paper and a pen and put together your own songs.

I'm just a 12 bar type of guy as well, but the goal of you've got 28 days to create something. Well, it's a way of motivating me to get better!

Hey Brent

I will have to pass on this one. I am not at all musically inclined and tone deaf to boot. Best of luck. Maybe you can be original and use an old handaw in the music. You know they used to bend the saw and play the blade like a fiddle.:D

Hey Brent thanks for sharing, and good luck to you and your friends! That seems pretty interesting. It's quite ironic this came up because I was just out celebrating my bday with some pals this weekend and my friend (who I have recorded with years ago) brought up the idea that we should get back together and try to write some stuff. Don't know that we could get enough practice in to make 35min worth of stuff, but it's something to keep in mind. Looks like it's time to dust the ol' keys off and whip out the pedals n loops again. Thanks again for sharing!