what are you working on this weekend ?

jim capozzi

hi all ,

just thought i would see what everyone was doing this weekend (or did) ... heres what i got done between friday and today . (i quit 30 mins before game time)

i will cut the aprons to size and tennon them tommorrow . i will also clean up the legs to get rid of the bandsaw marks . hopefully if all goes well the table will be assembled and ready for finish when i come in the house at the end of the day :)

Attachments

• 4-way tapered legs.jpg
    4-way tapered legs.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 8x10 oops !.jpg
    8x10 oops !.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 18
  • coffee table top.jpg2.jpg
    coffee table top.jpg2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 20
  • coffee table in progress.jpg
    coffee table in progress.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 23
  • maple and bubbinga frames.jpg
    maple and bubbinga frames.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 17
  • maple frame.jpg
    maple frame.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 15
  • purpleheart frame 1.jpg
    purpleheart frame 1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 20
I did the final glue-up on the dog gate I've been working on all of January. Shop time has been hard to get this past month, so it was good to get to that milestone. Still have to sand, stain, finish, and hang it. (And go through a couple hundred pics to post a thread.) I'm ready to be done with flatwork for a while and get back on the lathe. :rolleyes:

Finished assembly; fit and adjusted drawers and top on a jewelry box I'm making for LOML. Pre-sanded parts to 220 before assembly, got a little glue clean up left to do, fit and finish shaping on curved parts, then final sand to 320 before finishing.

I worked on putting my TS back together after moving all my tools and machines to my shop.

Did a complete setup and tune up and prepared the saw for dust collection. Made a couple of new zero clearance inserts.

Moved the fence over just like Glenn has his, (sweet) and tapped a number of 1/4 inch holes in the rail to mount the switch in a variety of positions until I find the "just right position".
Also cleaned all the glue residue off the top and sanded it with 400 paper and put down a layer of boshield protection.

Now shes is purring to go.:rofl:

I was had a successful weekend....if blowing up 2 bowls and spilling a entire new bottle of danish oil is considered a success. :(:eek::doh:

At least some of the snow melted.

I've been purging surplus stuff in the shop to make room for, well, elbows. My elbows. it was getting a bit nuts down there after a disorganized mele' of various projects. I got my extra scroll saw and stand over to my dad's. That meant that the old Delta i've been wanting to get into the mix got a good cleaning, and oil change, and got mounted to the stand. A new cord and light bulb and - presto - nice and smooth. I like it already after a few test cuts. The extra shaper and 4" jointer are headed to my brother's.
My 6 year old and i started rebuilding the old benchtop 9" C-man drill press that we'll set up for he and his sister. He's been keen on this since we picked it up at a resale shop a few weeks ago - working extra hard in school to get to work on it (i know, i know - sometimes dads don't play fair). We should have it done in a couple of weeks. I'll post pics when he's got it running.
Other than that - spent a little time at the office and a fair amount hanging out with my two kids.
I have to say i'm enjoying not being in the middle of a "get-it-done" project that eats up all my spare time. I like those, and i'm about to jump into another quick hit one, but i do like my breaks.
paulh

Rebuilding the rear end of the wood hualer and overhualing the brakes. Finished installing the pipe for the wood stove and managed to get some lumber milled up for molding.

I worked on a pair of cafe style doors to keep the newly adopted cat away from our pair Degu's (think bigger but friendlier South American Gerbil's).

That will allow us to lock him out of the family room without totally closing off the opening. The doors will be 36" tall and he won't have enough room to get a running leap over the doors (and they are 1" off the ground so he can't go under).

I had to stop early Sunday to bring the family out to dinner for my soon to be 13 year old daughter's Birthday Dinner. Due to the timing of her B-Day, we always seem to do it on Super-Sunday.

I'll post some pics when I'm all done. Even of the cat and the Degu's.

Cheers

Jim

PS: The cat in my avatar isn't the offending cat. He passed away in the Spring of 2008. His successor is the problem child.

Last edited: