Do you talk to your tools

I never found much reason to yell at my tools or talk to them.
They have usually functioned well when their handler uses them correctly.

I have lost my temper many times. Thats why Ive replaced a few hand tools.
And 2 window panes.And paid for a bit of body work on a car I used to own.

After working in a shop that was haunted, I got to calling for my squares to show themselves pretty regular. I used to work with the guy haunting the place at a different job and I think he was just getting even. At home I talked to the tools just to drive a person nuts that thought that since I had all that money invested I would enjoy making things for him. I talk to the wire feeder a lot, especially if I am almost out of wire and close to the end of the weld.

I don't talk to my tools, I converse with their operator. :wave:

I do a lot of my thinking out loud - both at work and in the shop. It's sort of a running commentary/criticism on what I'm doing . . .

I don't know if it bothers anyone in the adjoining officles (what we call our offices made from cubicle partitions that only go to 7' up in a 9' ceiling area) at work. They haven't come for me with the straitjacket yet :thumb:

Jim

YES, I do talk to them, specially if I'm doing something really diificult, I ask for their help.
And I do talk to my bicycle, to my car to trees and overall I talk to the wood I'm working with.

Funny enough, my wife tells me that I'm quite a silent man:rofl: