Bowclamps

i havnt used them but know of some who do and they swear by them,, almost dropped a few dollars for a set but then something came up and i havnt got back there yet.. they do what there supposed to do.

I borrowed a set from a friend. They are great to work with. They are basically a new twist on an old idea, but for the price Craig sells them for it isn't worth making them yourself! They are on my "need to get" list.

I have a set of them and they are great! I got them instead of getting a bunch more clamps. They cut down on the number of clamps you need by a great deal.

I have a set of them and they are great! I got them instead of getting a bunch more clamps. They cut down on the number of clamps you need by a great deal.

ok aaron, how do they cut down on the amount of clamps? if you have a panel that is 48" long and 36" wide ..you still need to clamp every 10" or so on the length right? the bow clamps just keep the panel flat across the 36" dimension right.. or am i looking at this wrong.. i know they are great for keeping panels flat..but maybe i am missun another factor in there use..dont take this wrong i think they are a good product , i just didnt realize this attribute of them,,and am curious as to what i have been missun:dunno:

ok aaron, how do they cut down on the amount of clamps? if you have a panel that is 48" long and 36" wide ..you still need to clamp every 10" or so on the length right? the bow clamps just keep the panel flat across the 36" dimension right.. or am i looking at this wrong.. i know they are great for keeping panels flat..but maybe i am missun another factor in there use..dont take this wrong i think they are a good product , i just didnt realize this attribute of them,,and am curious as to what i have been missun:dunno:

Larry, I guess they could keep the panel flat but they are more for clamping the boards together along the length. You just need two clamps, one at each end of the bowclamp.

Here are some examples. http://www.bowclamp.com/projects.html

I cna glue up a 3' panel useing only two bowclamps and two bar clamps.:thumb: The great thing about them is as they flatten out they spread the preesure across the full length.

Yes, and I love them. I have the master set and plan on ordering more in the next week or so.

Al I know it depends on the kind of work you do, but what do you feel are sizes and number of each you need? You say you have the master set, but plan to buy more. Why is that? Is there a size you feel you need more than others?

I use the 4' ones the most. I would like to get atleast four more 4' ones. I am also going to be haveing some custom sizes(6') made up. The only thing I noticed with the ones I have is they are made for the ligth duty clamps. My solution was to make fillers to go into the groves so I do not have to worry about any slipping.

I just heard back from Craig and he said he will do the best he can if we do a group buy. I will be in for this. Larry, you want to start a diiferent thread for this?

group buy

I'd be interested. I'd get the master set, but I have delivery issues to work out. We won't get back to VT until late April. Depending on shipping schedules, I could have them shipped to my son in MA or my sister in NJ, or postpone delivery until later. I suppose I could work that out directly with Craig, but I don't know how these group buys are normally handled.

Tony

Last edited:
We can do it here. Hey Larry, I was thinking that we migth be able to work out delivery to work around the "De wood tour":D. This would save addtional shipping charges if if the family members are near the route of Larry. What do you think?