What have you done to me Rennie??

It must be some sort of blissfull disease or virus, Rennie. Since I got involved with your chancel project my workshop is tidier and tidier every day.

One thing I always wanted to do is tidying up each day after work, and leave the floor clean. Some days I half managed most others didn't.

Well... oddly enough I am doing it without any problem since a few days ago, my workshop is left tidy and clean everyday, and it is a joy to go back to work on it every day.

It just came without any effort or will power boasting formula on my side, just started to happen.

I use a tool and put it back to its place, I make shavings and dust and sweep the floor when I take a short break.

So Rennie,I think its you to blame, and I do not complain at all, have you been making some sort of woodworking vodoo to me from the other side of the ocean?? If so, please do not stop it!!:thumb::)

Hello I'm a cleanamess maximus. I found if I don't clean the mess It'll become a maximess. So hi ho hi ho its off to clean the mess I go. The chips & mess are gone for good the tools I've found just like I should. Everything is now so fine I think I'll give it a go another time. :D:D:thumb::wave::rofl: The hopes are high as through the family cleanamess will fly. No slack or rest we cleanamess. The time we find through change is good. The clean we find no loss of tools will proclaim us smart & not some fools.:eek::doh::thumb::D:rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
It must be some sort of blissfull disease or virus, Rennie. Since I got involved with your chancel project my workshop is tidier and tidier every day.

One thing I always wanted to do is tidying up each day after work, and leave the floor clean. Some days I half managed most others didn't.

Well... oddly enough I am doing it without any problem since a few days ago, my workshop is left tidy and clean everyday, and it is a joy to go back to work on it every day.

It just came without any effort or will power boasting formula on my side, just started to happen.

I use a tool and put it back to its place, I make shavings and dust and sweep the floor when I take a short break.

So Rennie,I think its you to blame, and I do not complain at all, have you been making some sort of woodworking vodoo to me from the other side of the ocean?? If so, please do not stop it!!:thumb::)
If so, it was unintentional.:D Never-the-less, I'm happy for you. I've found that if I spend the last 10 minutes in the shop putting things away and giving it a once-over with the vacuum I'm much more likely to go back out and accomplish something the next time I have a few free minutes. Nothing's more discouraging to think, "I only have about a half hour to spend in the shop. I don't want to spend it cleaning!":eek:

Rennie,
can you cast some of that mojo onto my shop??? I think i'm half a step away from a 12 step program.
paulh
Hooolaaa booooba cleanaaaa hubba to the Hubbman.:rofl::rofl:

Hello I'm a cleanamess maximus. I found if I don't clean the mess It'll become a maximess. So hi ho hi ho its off to clean the mess I go. The chips & mess are gone for good the tools I've found just like I should. Everything is now so fine I think I'll give it a go another time. :D:D:thumb::wave::rofl: The hopes are high as through the family cleanamess will fly. No slack or rest we cleanamess. The time we find through change is good. The clean we find no loss of tools will proclaim us smart & not some fools.:eek::doh::thumb::D:rofl::rofl:
I don't know how to follow that Bart.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's why he got me into wood working.... seems like every time go out there I get to find the bench before I start working. :p

I'm a bad offender of any horizontal surface is suitable for putting something on.

This year I started a 'plan' of :

1) Before I start a project, the shop must be clean.
2) Before I start a project, "most" other projects must already be completed :rolleyes:

I'm doing well with step 1, step 2 is another problem....

2) Before I start a project, "most" other projects must already be completed :rolleyes:

I'm doing well with step 1, step 2 is another problem....

I've found that having at least two or three projects going on at the same time allows to refresh my mind when changin from one to another and it seems to me that I accomplish more things done, specially if I use the drying (glue, finish etc) waiting times to work on a different project.