City Folk

Bob Spare

Should not move to the country

Acutal photo

7ef8dd7d.jpg

I've seen that pic before, but it still cracks me up. Seeing that the lost "cat" was found on Sunset Blvd., I suspect it's one of my neighbors down in Hollyweird who missed school the day they taught "animal identification". :rolleyes:

This old farm boy is stuck in the city for now but that reminds me of the day I called the city and told them they had a opossum in the cat trap and come and get it. They told me they didn't take opossum and I should just take it out into the country and turn it loose. My response was what makes you think that a farmer want in turned loose in his yard there response was thats all you can do with it ( even tho its there trap) and thats what they do. :huh:

So being the old country boy that I am I drove to the police station (there the ones that told me what to do with it) took the trapped opossum to there front door and turned it loose. Told them if it was good enough for the farmers it was good enough for them.:thumb:

They never said a word to me. :rofl::rofl:

Jay

This old farm boy is stuck in the city for now but that reminds me of the day I called the city and told them they had a opossum in the cat trap and come and get it. They told me they didn't take opossum and I should just take it out into the country and turn it loose. My response was what makes you think that a farmer want in turned loose in his yard there response was thats all you can do with it ( even tho its there trap) and thats what they do. :huh:

So being the old country boy that I am I drove to the police station (there the ones that told me what to do with it) took the trapped opossum to there front door and turned it loose. Told them if it was good enough for the farmers it was good enough for them.:thumb:

They never said a word to me. :rofl::rofl:

Jay

I would have loved to see their faces!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I cannot stop :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:. I can see a few people I know around here putting up a sign like that.

Actually this reminds me of story.

I had a very good business relationship with some guys from Singapore. So they come out to South Africa and visit. Well being the host I arrange to take them out to see some wild animals. Due to time constraints I had to take them to a nearby reserve but at this reserve due to its confined space, the lions are separated into an enclosed area so that they do not wipe out the game in the rest of the place. So we drive into the lion enclosure and I tell these people some asian folk had been eaten by the lions a few months before because they got out of the car and tried to pose with them thinking they looked all cute and cuddly. ( true story). Do you think it made a difference to these guys. Not a chance they wanted to get out of the car when we came across the pride. I had my work cut out for me keeping them inside. Its is even dangerous to open the windows in situations like this but I just could not get through to them. They were leaning out the window trying to get a picture of themselves with the lions in the background. Some people just never want to learn wild animals are exactly that wild.

Last edited:
That should be labeled 'FREE DINNER MEAT'. ;)

Or "Found Future Road Kill"

We had one in the house somehow when I was growing up that was loud! I also picked one up by the tail when I was kid, thought it was dead, it wasn't!..didn't sound like a cat to me! :eek:

I cannot stop :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:. I can see a few people I know around here putting up a sign like that.

Actually this reminds me of story.

I had a very good business relationship with some guys from Singapore. So they come out to South Africa and visit. Well being the host I arrange to take them out to see some wild animals. Due to time constraints I had to take them to a nearby reserve but at this reserve due to its confined space, the lions are separated into an enclosed area so that they do not wipe out the game in the rest of the place. So we drive into the lion enclosure and I tell these people some asian folk had been eaten by the lions a few months before because they got out of the car and tried to pose with them thinking they looked all cute and cuddly. ( true story). Do you think it made a difference to these guys. Not a chance they wanted to get out of the car when we came across the pride. I had my work cut out for me keeping them inside. Its is even dangerous to open the windows in situations like this but I just could not get through to them. They were leaning out the window trying to get a picture of themselves with the lions in the background. Some people just never want to learn wild animals are exactly that wild.

Not too different here in the States at our National Parks. Folks are always wanting to get close to bears, black and griz, to get pictures. The message is made loud and clear that these are dangerous wild animals. But, somehow :huh: it doesn't seem to get through to some people.

Interesting, I'm just guessing but I think that city-folk who found the "cat" must have saw a moose in Maine and videotaped themselves freaking out at seeing it. Pleae, watch the movie, see the imminent danger and try not to be scared as this woman was.:dunno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvleMfhdeQA
Now that's funny. :) Poor lady's gonna hyperventilate just looking through the car window.

I will say that i was a bit nervous once when I was working on a survey crew in northern New Mexico and we walked over a rise and found ourselves about 100 feet from several buffalo, and no fence between us and them. They weren't threatening us in any way, but without a fence, they sure looked close.

Now that's funny. :) Poor lady's gonna hyperventilate just looking through the car window.

I will say that i was a bit nervous once when I was working on a survey crew in northern New Mexico and we walked over a rise and found ourselves about 100 feet from several buffalo, and no fence between us and them. They weren't threatening us in any way, but without a fence, they sure looked close.

At 100 feet you were just on the edge of their "don't intrude" zone. Much closer and you could have been in real danger. Buff (bison) can be unpredictable and can turn and run quicker and more nimbly than an NFL running back.