Mitered Raised Panel Door

Ron Roase

Just got the bit for making the moldings yesterday late.Did a lot of checking out how to and what not to do and was all set to turn out my first mitered raised panel door with the new molding bit. The bit is a full 5 inches long.4" of the bit with bearing is above the table.
I had to make up a fence to contain this tall bit. I used a Melamean shelf ripped down the center and then doubled up to contain the bit.
Fence for Molding Bit.jpg
I then needed a safe way to make the passes necesary to make the moldings
The push block does this quite well,It keeps presure on the working piece aginst the fence and table at the same time and pushes the work piece through the router bit.
Push Block For Molding Bit.jpg
I took 2 or 3 passes at a meadiam speed (3 ) and the last pass at almost a (5) It came out nice and smooth.
Push Block with Molding.jpg
Next is to cut all the miters and then the tounge & groove to give strength to the corners.
Finished Molding.jpg
Hopefully the rest will come tomorrow. I was more then willing to go at it more to day but was getting to cold. As this morning my gas furnace in my shop decided to take the day off. Hope to get it fixed tomorrow. Used a small electric heeter today BRRRRR. -7 this morning. But when you get a new toy sometimes you just can't wait for the temp. Will let you know how the rest goes:D:thumb::wave: