suggest a good narrow-crown stapler for me

Jason Vanick

My old BeA 190 series stapler just bit the dust and they don't make parts for it anymore (it's over 30 years old).

I'm in need of a new stapler to replace it with. I have a cheapo plastic craftsman gun that jambs, and just doesn't work reliable enough for me.

I need 1/4" narrow crown, shoot at the minimum from 3/4 to 1-1/2"...

I typically use it for building carcasses where the staple holes won't be visible as well as shop jigs.

I'd love to find a gun that will last me as long as the old BeA did, but I don't know if that's possible in todays world :)

Thanks!
-J

Jason, you are talking about a pneumatic stapler I presume?

I like the Max stuff out of Japan, a bit pricey, but well built, I have also had good luck with Senco pneumatic tools.

Sorry I'm not up on the various model numbers :wave:

wow... and it even fires the same staples as the old BeA gun...

nice. I'll be picking one of these up ASAP.

there is quite a price range difference on Amazon... anybody have any negative experiences dealing with 'Juldan' ?

-J

The Senco SKS is a good, reliable, powerful stapler but it has a few shortcomings. Unfortunately, I don't know another to recommend in its place. Here's a review I did on the SKS.

The smaller staplers, including Senco, don't have the power to fully drive 1". Just depends on what you're looking for.

Mike

Last edited:
I had a Senco SKS and loved it but don't discount the Porter Cables I started using them when they came out and believe it or not they would last just a long a Senco for a lot less money. If fact I have a Senco that no one can make work right and the Porter Cable is still going strong. About 1/2 the cost :thumb:

Jay

I used a P-C narrow crown stapler to side my house tongue & groove vertical pine]. Up on a ladder, reaching, drove 5,000 plus staples, never misfired, and works great today.

what model ken? have seen another guy use pc and he swears by then but every thing i have used senco's for have help up well and they have been used.. but hearin about the review just a min ago has to make afellar wonder,,

I've had good results with the PC Narrow Crown Stapler that came as a Freebie with the $299 deal they had a couple of yrs back that came with the Pancake compressor, Brad nailer and Finish nailer.

I had wanted a Senco due to the Plaudits they received on all the forums, but a Builders Fasteners Store here that also is a Service Contractor for several tool brands said they quit selling Senco because the reliability of their recent models had gone downhill and had become too expensive for the contractors to buy AND maintain. :dunno: (maybe they were just the cheaper models Tod mentioned).:dunno: