sexy dancer

Frank Fusco

For the past couple years, we have been making an effort to preserve as much family history as possible. I will scan documents or photos and send to my son who digi preserves them and our daughter-in-law who makes beautiful scrapbooks with them.
Sometimes we come across a photo that I consider a real hoot.
This one is of my wife, Edna, taken in 1953 when she was ten years old.
In some ways, funny, in other ways, a neat snapshot of both family history and her early years.

Attachments

• Edna Jones Fusco 1953.jpg
    Edna Jones Fusco 1953.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 95
Family history is definitely worth preserving.

I am not sure what is funny about this nice picture. What was the occasion/event she was posing for? Did you know her back then?

Looks like she might have done "Tap" dancing?

Neat pic, I came across some old, well, 15 year old pics of me and my wife, just after we got married and before any kids, man we were young then, and boy was I a LOT thinner :eek:

Cheers!

Neat picture Frank. Interestingly my mothers name is Edna. Not a very common name today. I wonder what made it so popular way back then. Though my mother was born in the UK back in 1919.

I think you have a very good point about preserving family info for future generations. Finding out about ones roots seems to have greater relevance when one gets older. We are a fortunate bunch because we have the means today to do it pretty well and ensure no loss of quality.
Although I suppose future generations will look back on our digital picture quality and wonder how we got by with it.:rofl:

Family history is definitely worth preserving.

I am not sure what is funny about this nice picture. What was the occasion/event she was posing for? Did you know her back then?

She took dance lessons and this was for a recital.
No, even though we grew up only a few miles apart, I didn't meet her until many years after school years when I was out of the service.

taken in 1953 when she was ten years old.

frank, you are braver then me.. Id be in the garage for sure after this post, and baby, its cold out there tonight!!!!

seriously, those will be priceless pictures for the next 20 generations of your family, do it all digital, every single one of them.
I just bought a friend of mine for a wedding gift, one of those big digital frames, that holds something like 100 pictures that change constantly.
Great thing to put alot of your family photos on.

frank, you are braver then me.. Id be in the garage for sure after this post, and baby, its cold out there tonight!!!!

seriously, those will be priceless pictures for the next 20 generations of your family, do it all digital, every single one of them.
I just bought a friend of mine for a wedding gift, one of those big digital frames, that holds something like 100 pictures that change constantly.
Great thing to put alot of your family photos on.

I have a suitcase full of old photos my mother left behind. One of them was taken in Montreal and is of a great-great-great-someone.
Sadly, just about the time I found it, my mother, who was in the nursing home, started failing mentally and I never had a chance to put names or dates with most of them. A huge amount of history lost.