Crosscut sled completed!!

Craig Johnson

Hi everyone.
This is my first jig for my table saw besides my outfeed/assembly table.
This is from Shopnotes.
I am really happy with it even though it took me awhile. A little bit of burning of the oak is visible. Also when I cut the kerf I cut too far in to the blade guard. I will fix that shortly.
Cuts are dead on and it was pretty easy to build.
Man Im really diggin buildin stuff.

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

I really need to build one of those, you did a great job. By the way does anyone have plans for a small parts sled? Jack

Shopnotes has some good jigs. Plansnow also has good ones but those you buy in a PDF and download.
There are plenty of sleds online just have to search. Ive seen some really nice ones before I decided on the one I built.

Hi everyone.
This is my first jig for my table saw besides my outfeed/assembly table.
This is from Shopnotes.
I am really happy with it even though it took me awhile. A little bit of burning of the oak is visible. Also when I cut the kerf I cut too far in to the blade guard. I will fix that shortly.
Cuts are dead on and it was pretty easy to build.
Man Im really diggin buildin stuff.

Which issue of shopnotes has this plan?

Shopnotes has some good jigs. Plansnow also has good ones but those you buy in a PDF and download.
There are plenty of sleds online just have to search. Ive seen some really nice ones before I decided on the one I built.

Thank you I really apprecate the help, I have quite a few shopnotes, I guess I will have to set down and thumb through them. Unless someone happens to know what issue? Thanks Jack

It looks great Craig. Just a couple of questions. Do you find any problems with the saw dust build up on top of your work piece while cutting or do you have enough suction to remove all the dust from under the table? Just wondering to do you find that the plexy glass gets a static charge on it and attracts the dust to it while cutting?

Craig, that is a nice sled. I like the dovetail slot for the blade and the tape on it. I need to put some measuring guide on mine, that is a good idea.:thumb:

It looks great Craig. Just a couple of questions. Do you find any problems with the saw dust build up on top of your work piece while cutting or do you have enough suction to remove all the dust from under the table? Just wondering to do you find that the plexy glass gets a static charge on it and attracts the dust to it while cutting?

Hi Drew.
Thanks for the compliment.
I used it quite a bit just today and didnt notice the sawdust build up if there was any. I dont have a dust collector at this point (future purchase...shhh dont tell the wife). :D

The acrylic does not have any static. I see no sawdust interfering with what I need to see during the cut.

Craig, that is a nice sled. I like the dovetail slot for the blade and the tape on it. I need to put some measuring guide on mine, that is a good idea.:thumb:

Thanks Craig.
This sled has no dovetails. Im not quite that advanced yet on my woodworking. :D
The stop block and measuring guide was one of the main reasons I biult this one. Works great and saves time.
The only thing I would add to this is a stopper at the rear of the sled to keep the blade from going too far and cutting the rear blade guard area (as seen in the pic).
I can now see why this is one of the most used jigs in any shop.