Thread: Peppermill #3

Reno, Nv

Peppermill #3

My daughter offered my services to a dinner/auction for her college swim team. Being caught with my metaphorical pants down...this is what I came up with. Walnut from eBay. 2.25" at the base and 10" tall with the knob. 2 coats of wipe-on poly (thanks Bernie) and 2 coats of SOL...not applied yet. The best grinds pepper and my lil' sweetie thought it was cool!!!! who'd a thought
    -side December, my daughter qualified for the Nationals in KC to be held in March for the 500 and Mile swim. This after fighting cancer when she was 5 and current thyroid problems. She forgot about her problems that day and has always made me do my best. Sorry for my misty eyes, but I want us all to remember our blessings today.
    Last edited by Jim Burr; 02-07-2009 at 09:02 PM.
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

Goodland, Kansas
    Your welcome Jim. That is a beautiful mill. I like the form. Someone is going to get a fine mill.

Hey Jim no need to apologize for misty eyes. When I get down and think I have it rough I just look around and realize how good I do have it. She sounds like a strong young lady and sounds like she is your pride and joy.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Tokyo Japan
    Looks good, I've yet to do one, on my looooooong list of things I'd "like" do to

I too feel blessed everyday to have two wonderful, healthy happy daughters, and my lovely wife still by my side (almost a year since she had her cancer surgery!)

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Alexandria, Virginia
    Very good post and results on all accounts Jim!

ABQ NM
    That's a nice pepper mill Jim, but it's overshadowed by your daughter's accomplishments. You've got good reason to be proud of both.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Tellico Plains, Tennessee
    Hey Jim,
    I like the peppermill... PM's are among my favorite items to turn. Love the shape and the wood.

Congratulations on your daughter's qualification for the swim... I wish her good luck.
    My grand daughter competed a few years back.. I think she competed at Omaha. She still swims, but not competively now since starting college.
    Tellico Plains, TN
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.