Peppermill #3

Jim Burr

My daughter offered my services to a dinner/auction for her college swim team. Being caught with my metaphorical pants down...this is what I came up with. Walnut from eBay. 2.25" at the base and 10" tall with the knob. 2 coats of wipe-on poly (thanks Bernie:thumb:) and 2 coats of SOL...not applied yet. The best news...it grinds pepper and my lil' sweetie thought it was cool!!!! who'd a thought :eek:
-side note-...in December, my daughter qualified for the Nationals in KC to be held in March for the 500 and Mile swim. This after fighting cancer when she was 5 and current thyroid problems. She forgot about her problems that day and has always made me do my best. Sorry for my misty eyes, but I want us all to remember our blessings today.

Attachments

• Wood 120.jpg
    Wood 120.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Wood 121.jpg
    Wood 121.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Your welcome Jim. That is a beautiful mill. I like the form. Someone is going to get a fine mill.

Hey Jim no need to apologize for misty eyes. When I get down and think I have it rough I just look around and realize how good I do have it. She sounds like a strong young lady and sounds like she is your pride and joy.

Looks good, I've yet to do one, on my looooooong list of things I'd "like" do to :D

I too feel blessed everyday to have two wonderful, healthy happy daughters, and my lovely wife still by my side (almost a year since she had her cancer surgery!)

Cheers!

That's a nice pepper mill Jim, but it's overshadowed by your daughter's accomplishments. You've got good reason to be proud of both. :thumb:

Hey Jim,
I like the peppermill... PM's are among my favorite items to turn. Love the shape and the wood.

Congratulations on your daughter's qualification for the swim... I wish her good luck.
My grand daughter competed a few years back.. I think she competed at Omaha. She still swims, but not competively now since starting college.