Little things

Someone mentioned us Brits making little things. It could be 'cos we are all skint (no money) or just tight fisted.

Had a go at the offcuts box today

All are 1/12th size and include:-

Coffee table, rolling pin, mortar & pestle, honey dipper, small bowl, spalted beech bowl, natural edge yew bowl, tureen with lid and box with lid. The coin is a 50p piece and is about 1" dia.

Pete

Great stuff!

I'm envious of your skill and your eyesight :clap:

Ditto what Frank said about the scrap pile project.

Have a go. They take about 20 minutes each to make and you can use almost any wood. You need small tools is all. I made mine from old masonry nails but have a set coming for a Christmas present. They really are easy and a lot of fun.

What's the 'scrap pile project' or is it just a colonial joke?

Pete

What do you use, an electronic microscope mounted over your lathe, or a macro lathe :D:D I can hardly see things that small and you're putting details on them. It's a good thing I can blow up pictures on my screen so they can actually be view. :wave::wave:

Great pieces... :thumb:

Great fun

Pete,
Wonderful job. The Doll House ladies must love you!! Over here the best source for tools is the dentist. The effort is great training and puts a whole new definition on concentration.
Well done and thanks for sharing.
Peter

Thank you guys. 90% of the work is done with a home made bedan made from an old allen key. They are very simple to do honestly. And there is very little cleaning up to do afterwards. :rofl:

Have a go guys.

Pete