Box Swap Pictures

yeah.. he's a wood thief.... actually I gave it to him...
but only after he said he wouldn't help me with my project if I didn't :p

Updated to add Don...

Larry sends to KaLea--DONE
KaLea sends to Toni--LONG DISTANCE
Toni sends to Chuck--LONG DISTANCE
Chuck sends to Tom--DONE
Tom sends to Brent--DONE
Brent sends to Don--DONE
Don sends to Larry--DONE
Ned sends to Frank--???????
Frank sends to Rennie--??????
Rennie sends to Ned.--REAL BUSY

Er... Well... I must admit that I haven't sent it yet, I have everything ready and packed but I can only go to the post office on saturdays, and there is always something that prevents me to do it until it is too late. Funny schedules they run here:(.
I really hope,and wish to be able to send it next saturday. So Chuck please bear with me a bit more if you can. I will compensate you.

Kalea's box arrived!!

Hi Kalea and the rest.
Today I went to the post office to pick up a parcel and this is what was inside.
kb01.jpgkb04.jpgkb05.jpgkb06.jpg
Kalea, if this is your first box ever, I feel honoured for getting it and for being it so well done. Mine is not as good as that one.

My pleasure lasted only a few minutes because as soon as my LOML saw it, jumped on it saying "how beatiful it is... I already know what I'm going to put on it" and that was the end of the conversation:(.

The body is made out of cedar isn't it? But the lid handle? It looks like rosewood or cocobolo to me:dunno:

Thanks again.
BTW As promised I put on the post Chuck's box with the snowman inside, there is another snowman for you as well.

As far as I know now the updated chart looks like this:
Larry sends to KaLea--DONE
KaLea sends to Toni--DONE and received
Toni sends to Chuck--ON THE WAY
Chuck sends to Tom--DONE
Tom sends to Brent--DONE
Brent sends to Don--DONE
Don sends to Larry--DONE
Ned sends to Frank--???????
Frank sends to Rennie--??????
Rennie sends to Ned.--REAL BUSY

good job kalea,,:thumb::thumb: i too like the pinned corners and the dividers were nice as well.. give some organization abilty to the owner,, which shows the builder's inner workings,, now if we can just get chuck to listen to her ,, his shop would have less clutter:) good job and count me in on the next box swap,, my daughter wer here this wknd and they both wanted the ones i have gotten,, i declined to let them have them..:D

I appreciate the compliments all. The box did turn out much better than I though at the beginning (I didn't really like it til it was close to done).
The wood of the box is called Lyptus according the the owner of the lumber place. I don't know much about it other than that.... and it sands REALLY easily.
The handle is a piece of Cocobolo that I trimmed off a custom hair fork I made for a friend that ended up just that much too big. Funny , I cut the piece off and set it aside, not having any idea what I was going to do with it, only knowing that it was too pretty to throw away. The pins are Cocobolo as well. Chucky cut me some really small square strips and I *turned* them on the belt sander.
Toni I am curious to know what your wife decided to use the box for. I had a couple ideas myself and had though more than once about shipping it with a deck of cards inside (the weight deterred me before finding out you can't ship playing cards to Spain), the center spot is just about the perfect size.

The wood of the box is called Lyptus according the the owner of the lumber place. I don't know much about it other than that.... and it sands REALLY easily.
Lyptus is a plantation grown hardwood hybrid of the eucalyptus tree. It is grown by, harvested by, and exclusively marketed by Weyerhaeuser.

I've built several pieces from it and I like the way it works and takes a finish. Its heavy, and you can get a lot of splinters, but it looks great when it's finished.
DSCN0685 (800 x 600).jpgDSCN0688 (600 x 800).jpg

It's about time you posted pics of that box. We were gonna have to start calling you Percival the Procrastinating Pirate if you didn't post up pretty soon. :p

That's a very nice box, Toni. Simple, but very well crafted. :thumb:

It's about time you posted pics of that box. We were gonna have to start calling you Percival the Procrastinating Pirate if you didn't post up pretty soon. :p

That's a very nice box, Toni. Simple, but very well crafted. :thumb:

Thanks Vaughn, but the mistakes (that it for sure it has)don't appear on the pics.
In fact I was really hesitant to send it to Chuck, and he knows it.:(