Thread: Google search lacking

Google search lacking

Usually, I'll use the the Google search to fine an old thread or reference. Yesterday, I looked for "etouffee". With Google, nuthin, nada. With regular search I found the thread I wanted right away. I don't understand, but from now on I'll use both rather than just rely on one.

I don't know Frank, seems to be working for me. What keyword were you using? Might try it again, perhaps they just hickuped or burped.

Let us know...
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

well, seeing Frank's message, and slightly worried I may have broken something yesterday, I did a test of the google search vs. the forum search. My chosen search terms were Doorlink and Doofus...

In google, "Doorlink" returned 473 hits, in the forum search, only 141. The choice is clear...

It's true that a few of the google hits were from the archives, and clicking on them just took me to a generic archives page, but there weren't many like that.

In case you're wondering, "Doofus" returned 25 in the forum search, and 86 in google...

On the immediate subject, "etouffee" returned one thread in google, and two (the original recipe thread, and this one) in the forum search. The spider clearly hasn't crawled through yet...

Thanks,

Bill
    Last edited by Bill Lantry; 02-11-2009 at 03:29 PM.

We'll probably be trying out the new full-text search function sometime this week to see if it will correct some of the search issues we've seen.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault