Buffet-Mahogany and Sapele Ply-planning stages and first cuts

It s you Allen not the others!

You done good Allen:thumb::thumb: and i agree with your better half leave it alone:D you can see the extra time you spent on the finish in the reflection of the wall.. if you go and make those chairs ,, i wont let my wife see them,, i chickened out on making chairs and you seem to be unstoppable,, full spead ahead captain:thumb::thumb:

thanx larry, the 20 or so PMs at least cured alot ofmy little problems.

Im going to wait till I get the bandsaw delivered so I can figure out exactly how IM going to resaw and how much wood Id need.(

Last edited:
Very nice work Allen:thumb:. You don't give yourself enough credit. Ilove the finish and the wood grain on the rail in your pictures. Can't wait to follow along on the chairs:clap:.

started milling up some wood for the chairs, and one or two other little things.

I came across this piece of wood I was about to cut down to size, and unless its a piece of 100 year old mahogany, I have no clue what it is..
Im guessing its walnut?
I never bought walnut, only had one 3 inch by 36 inch piece, and Ive never seen rough walnut, nor planed walnut in person until someone finishes it.(second pic, thats mahogany on top, all the wood I planed today looked almost identical, not this piece)

Attachments

• wood stuff 665 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 665 (Medium).jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 18
  • wood stuff 666 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 666 (Medium).jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 18
  • wood stuff 667 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 667 (Medium).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 17
looked like mahongany to be as well allen yu just need to use that piece on a candy box somewhere:) sometimes woods have had alot of sun and have turned a differnt shade or they have differnt shade in them already looks like yu got one that does..walnut is complety differnt from what yu have showed us..

Allen I have literally run out of words to say to you regarding your work and the effort you put in. I just keep thinking to myself "man Allens a real inspiration to me."

To see this piece next to the table and know its made of solid wood wow.

I told my wife and then said and we are sitting here with this fake wood rubbish. Actually wanted to cut the table up and burn it. But my day will come.

Thanks for all your posts. I appreciate your style in more ways that can be said.