Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You just never know.

You just never know.

You just never know what a person does in there off time. I've known Todd for quite a while;just knowing him through the tool business. I was over at his shop recently and he had this thing in there working on it. Amazing. here's a link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNEeVvu1gGo
    Randy,

Maker of Fine Lathe Tools & Accessories.

now thats carrun the mail fer sure now what happens when it doesnt stay straight?
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Man, that sure ain't your average ATV, huh? Pretty cool stuff.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

This is why I think North America is so great. If you have an interest in something, and you can dream it up you can be sure there is a group of people already practicing what you would like to do. From cars and bikes of every sort, to blacksmithing or black powder remakes of guns from days long gone, to rocket clubs and RC clubs man the list is endless. People with their own observatories in their own back yards and guys like us with our shops. I go crazy because I would like to participate in all of it. I feel like I have adult ADD or simply have been so starved of being exposed to it. GUys that build their own CNC or have a hobby metal shop and fabricate in their backyards. You guys might be used to it and in fact probably take it for granted but I have my head spinning. I not only need to win the lotto to deal with all the interesting things, I need another 24 hours in the day. What about flat track bike racing.
    cheers

That looks fun...I know Chuck...insane...but fun!

Rob, I kinda know what you mean. I wish I could learn it all. I'm lucky that I do well enough to try doing a lot of things. No offense to wood working, but I loved doing machine shop...that was cool stuff. Just need to room for more tools...
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Randy that is really cool, looks like they are using snow machine motors, I don't know of many other 2-smoke parallel twin motors

I love them tuned pipes, I bet a LOT of work went into those, VERY cool, I just love 2-smoke, too bad they have been legislated off the planet

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

yeah, um, ok, so, Tod, I love you, man, but you're officially nuts!

My bones hurt just watching that...

Thanks,

Bill

yeah, um, ok, so, Todd, I love you, man, but you're officially nuts!

My old bones hurt just watching that...

Thanks,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lantry View Post
    yeah, um, ok, so, Tod, I love you, man, but you're officially nuts!

My bones hurt just watching that...

Thanks,

Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lantry View Post
    yeah, um, ok, so, Todd, I love you, man, but you're officially nuts!

My old bones hurt just watching that...

Thanks,

Bill
    Not to mention your old brain that is having double vision today
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    Randy that is really cool, looks like they are using snow machine motors, I don't know of many other 2-smoke parallel twin motors

I love them tuned pipes, I bet a LOT of work went into those, VERY cool, I just love 2-smoke, too bad they have been legislated off the planet

Cheers!
    Common myth...forward thinking 2 stroke makers have come up with some ingenious solutions to pass tough environmental regulations on their engines. The snowmobile markets are full of fully-compliant 2 strokes. All in all us snowmobilers are the winners...years ago it was common to get 12 mpg on a sled, now some 2 strokes are getting 20 mpg.

I admit I gave up my 2 stroke for a 4 stroke and will never go back, but the 2 strokes are not dead. Can they pass the next round of environmental regulations...with innovative ideas...more then likely they will.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"