You just never know.

This is why I think North America is so great. If you have an interest in something, and you can dream it up you can be sure there is a group of people already practicing what you would like to do. From cars and bikes of every sort, to blacksmithing or black powder remakes of guns from days long gone, to rocket clubs and RC clubs man the list is endless. People with their own observatories in their own back yards and guys like us with our shops. I go crazy because I would like to participate in all of it. I feel like I have adult ADD or simply have been so starved of being exposed to it. GUys that build their own CNC or have a hobby metal shop and fabricate in their backyards. You guys might be used to it and in fact probably take it for granted but I have my head spinning. I not only need to win the lotto to deal with all the interesting things, I need another 24 hours in the day.:rofl::rofl: What about flat track bike racing. :thumb:

That looks fun...I know Chuck...insane...but fun!

Rob, I kinda know what you mean. I wish I could learn it all. I'm lucky that I do well enough to try doing a lot of things. No offense to wood working, but I loved doing machine shop...that was cool stuff. Just need to room for more tools...:dunno:

Randy that is really cool, looks like they are using snow machine motors, I don't know of many other 2-smoke parallel twin motors :huh:

I love them tuned pipes, I bet a LOT of work went into those, VERY cool, I just love 2-smoke, too bad they have been legislated off the planet :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Randy that is really cool, looks like they are using snow machine motors, I don't know of many other 2-smoke parallel twin motors :huh:

I love them tuned pipes, I bet a LOT of work went into those, VERY cool, I just love 2-smoke, too bad they have been legislated off the planet :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Common myth...forward thinking 2 stroke makers have come up with some ingenious solutions to pass tough environmental regulations on their engines. The snowmobile markets are full of fully-compliant 2 strokes. All in all us snowmobilers are the winners...years ago it was common to get 12 mpg on a sled, now some 2 strokes are getting 20 mpg.

I admit I gave up my 2 stroke for a 4 stroke and will never go back, but the 2 strokes are not dead. Can they pass the next round of environmental regulations...with innovative ideas...more then likely they will.

Cheers!

Stu,

You really have to know Todd, he has to have everything just perfect. He does specialty machining. One offs. Way out work that no one else will touch.
He's re-doing the sled now, says he has a better idea. 300 ft in a little over 3 seconds is hauling the mail.

Like Rob said, each to his own.
Personally, I think it is nuts and dangerous. Especially with those steel rails on the side.
I love my ATV. But, it's use is to get me way back into the woods and OUT again safely for distances I don't care to hike anymore.

Well I must be insane too. I see nothing wrong with it. I used to drag race cars and sleds. It was just a normal weeken family fun day. I even raced a lawn mower a few times, now that was hairy( lawn mower doing 80mph).