Thread: Any current pro Photographers out there?

Any current pro Photographers out there?

Hey all,
    I'm a former pro portrait road warrior. I'm considering getting back into the industry, but have been out long enough that I'm wondering if 'tooling up' will be prohibitive cost wise at this point.
    I've got a full portrait rig: RB 67 with a couple of backs, decent lenses (127 and 180), as well as two and a half mono-lights (one needs replacing) plus some light stands, backdrops, tripod etc.... I know of a couple of decent labs nearby, so I'm not worried about processing, more about the state of the art, literally. Has digital made my RB and Bronica 645 boat anchors?
    I'm just weighing options at this point. I found I miss the creative side of the business, and the People. I've been cooped up in the office environment for too long, I miss the interaction with the clients.
    -Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bulken View Post
    Hey all,
    I'm a former pro portrait road warrior. I'm considering getting back into the industry, but have been out long enough that I'm wondering if 'tooling up' will be prohibitive cost wise at this point.
    I've got a full portrait rig: RB 67 with a couple of backs, decent lenses (127 and 180), as well as two and a half mono-lights (one needs replacing) plus some light stands, backdrops, tripod etc.... I know of a couple of decent labs nearby, so I'm not worried about processing, more about the state of the art, literally. Has digital made my RB and Bronica 645 boat anchors?
    I'm just weighing options at this point. I found I miss the creative side of the business, and the People. I've been cooped up in the office environment for too long, I miss the interaction with the clients.
    Answer: Yes. Obsolete. Digi rules. Darn it.