Cactus Spam

Jeff Horton

Never got a working answer to my previous question. So I did some more searching for SPAM software and found one I am really impressed with.

Cactus Spam Filter.

It is one of those that you have to 'teach' what is and isn't spam. I think it uses Basian filtering? Doesn't matter, I am really impressed with how fast this software learned what was spam and what was not. So far I have had one good email marked as spam and I am not surprised at that one. It's allready catching 98% of the SPAM coming in,. Better than anything else I have used and best of all. It freeware!

If you looking for something to filter you incoming mail you might want to look at this. Supposed to work with just about any email program

Good to know Jeff, thanks. I think my host has spam assassin, found I have to setup the spam score on each account though, but working well since i started using it.

Bluehost has Spam Assassin and I wasn't to pleased with it. Just let a lot of stuff through that I thought it should have caught. That's why I started looking for something else.

I have used a Basian filter based solution before and it worked well. I assume I reformatted and just never installed it again? But that is why I was looking for another. So far I am very impressed.