Jigsaw blades

I'm sure this isn't new to a lot of you out there but to me I've never seen them before and I think they're GREAT!:D I don't use a jigsaw often because I've never liked results I got. Not until I bought a package of Bosch blades. They cut through wood like a hot knife through butter! I have more control now because I can operate the jigsaw at a lower speed and still have fast clean cuts. I've been cutting 3/4" ply, solid stock, and 1/8" veneer with hardly any rough edges and most of the time smooth as a... well you know.:D I might just use my jigsaw a little more now.:thumb:

I had that same experience when I got my 1591. I never knew a jigsaw was an actual tool. I thought it was a jumping jack ;-)

I don't know the # off hand but I used one of the blades to cut steel pipe and it did a great job. And when I was redoing the bathroom floor the same blade cut nails and all. The only gripe I have is it's a bit difficult to latch the blade into the saw. I never got the rotation down pat and have had difficulty. But on the whole it is an excellent tool.

Ray Gerdes

Yes, Bosch makes great blades. I've used them not only for wood, but (different blades of course) for steel angle, channel, I's, box stock and pipe. Hook those blades to a Bosch saw and it's nice cutting.:thumb:

I bought a Bosch jigsaw last year and it came with some Bosch blades.
I recently bought another pack of them from Home Depot.
They are really good.
Now I know what to buy from now on.

Yeah, the new Bosch 'Progressor' blades put a whole new perspective on jig-sawing. They're really a vast improvement over everything else out there.

Royall, was that you looking in my garage yesterday?

I was finishing up last night I pulled my hitachi jigsaw out and it fell off the table when I moved some wood. I wanted to notch out a spot for an electric cord on the shot shak, (link should be up tomorrow night), so I had to grab my blades.
I was in the garage looking for some measurements I drew up, saw the blades laying on the table, and said, hey, grab a picture.

I dont know how new or old these blades are,(as far as todays technology or new types, I bought these all over this summer, maybe a pack last spring) but I buy these bosch blades from a guy in flea market over the summer for a few bucks,(maybe one was 2, one was 3, it was a while ago, but they are priced right, another guy I paid 4 for a different pack of bosch, )a pack.
I dont own a bandsaw, so all my curves and angles on things like adirondack chairs are cut with my handheld jigsaw.
The bi-metal blades cut through the ipe beautifully. I was having so much trouble trying to cut a 30 degree angle while cutting curve at the same time,with a wood blade. I bought a pack or two of the bimetal, it whizzed through the cuts.
Just a picture of the 2 dollar packs.(yeah, the camera stays out there most of the time)funny you mentioned jigsaw, I havent used it for a while, took it out last night.

Attachments

• wood stuff 560 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 560 (Medium).jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I am sorry but all of you missed what I call the finest jigsaw blade ever made! And in your defense it is very new.

It is the Bosch extra clean blade and just hit the market at the end of 2008. Cut quality is so good you my consider selling the progessor and others. No kidding!

But don't take my word for it:

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/bt308brvu.html

$13 at the BORGS can't beat it!

Dewey, those are the ones I've been talking about. I don't think they cost that much but I didn't really look at the price;) Just looked to be the "cats meow":D and came in a package of 3.