Hello From Maryland

Jeffrey Sabol

Hello everyone :wave:

I just found this site and WOW it is GREAT!!

I hope I can add a fraction of helpful knowledge that I will learn :D

I am an amature woodworker that just bought his first lathe. I've already own a thickness planer, table saw, band saw, drill press, router with table, workbench and a 18x24 two story, detached, heated shop.

Look forward to interacting with you all. Talke with ya later:)

Jeff

Welcome to the Family, Jeffrey. I'm sure that you already know, from your strolling around the forum, that we LOVE pictures, so let's see some of your stuff. Where is Woodsboro? I lived in St. Mary's County years ago (1968-1971) and again in Prince George's County (1982-1985), and haven't heard of that little burg.

Glad you stopped by.
Now let me be the first to warn you. Step away from the lathe sell it, or just give it away.
Failure to head this warning will result in a sever loss of income.
For a lathe is a spinning vortex that sucks all the money in your check book into it. :rofl::rofl::rofl::wave:

He's right, Jeffrey. Take all of the cash out of your wallet and take a picture of it, then post the picture above your lathe, 'cause that's the last you'll see of the money! The vortex not only sucks your pockets dry, it does a number on your credit cards, too.! :rofl::rofl:

Thanks for the kind replys:D

Woodsboro is northeast of Frederick by about 15 miles.

"Glad you stopped by.
Now let me be the first to warn you. Step away from the lathe sell it, or just give it away.
Failure to head this warning will result in a sever loss of income.
For a lathe is a spinning vortex that sucks all the money in your check book into it. "

Now thats funny:rofl: I can say it has already begun.

I bought a Rikon mini lathe, 3 turning tools (pinnical and wood river brands) and a beginning wood turning book "Woodturning A Foundation Course" by Keith Rowley. I havn't set the lathe up yet - I am building a base cabinet for it.

I am already starting to look at a new chuck, drill chuck and various other turning tools:eek: I havn't even started yet and I already have the "bug":doh:

I'll try and post picks of my shop with all my tools.

Talk with ya'll later.....

Jeff