Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti Fatigue Floor Matting

Anti Fatigue Floor Matting

Does anyone know of a good source of anti fatigue floor mats? I have a basement shop with concrete floors and mix in bad hips, creates short shop time some days . LOML wants me to get these, I agree, I got a kitchen to finish . Thanks

Tom

Sams, or Walmart.... We got a pack or two for my granddaughters to play on, Been a couple of years and they stay out in the weather all year, Just noticed Saturday that the last storm pulled some up and the wind blew them into the woods but when my S-I-L gets off his ..... and retrieves them, they will go back to providing a safe area around their playhouse... Should work for older folks to stand and play as well. (One side is Black and the other side is colorful, your choice)

+1 on Sam's. Around here their products vary off and on but when they have them, the thick mats, gray or colored on one side, 8 to a pak for about $15 IIRC. I've been tromping on them for years and still have an unopened pack. I bought "spares" as I expected them to wear out. Still going . . .

The mats at Sears, Pep Boys, Auto Zone,e tc. and Harbor Freight are more expensive and thinner material in my neck of the woods.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Thanks Bill, I'll check into Walmart. Don't have a Sams club near by.

8 pack for $15.00? Well its only 35 mins each way to sams, that would be worth the time, Thanks Glenn . Are they 2 ft square?

Kea'au Hawaii. Just down the road from Hilo town!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simpson View Post
    Sams, or Walmart.... We got a pack or two for my granddaughters to play on, Been a couple of years and they stay out in the weather all year, Just noticed Saturday that the last storm pulled some up and the wind blew them into the woods but when my S-I-L gets off his ..... and retrieves them, they will go back to providing a safe area around their playhouse... Should work for older folks to stand and play as well. (One side is Black and the other side is colorful, your choice)
    Hey Bill, what dept. do they sell those in? Also what are the dimensions?

Good post Tom, I'm getting to the same point as you with the hips and knees.... some parts of getting old really suck
    Aloha,

What goes around, comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Niemi View Post
    8 pack for $15.00? Well its only 35 mins each way to sams, that would be worth the time, Thanks Glenn . Are they 2 ft square?
    Right, 2 foot square. I just went to get the item number off my spare pack. Wouldn't you know I hd used one out of the pack for something and tossed the paper liner with the info on it and they don't show up online. Drat!

I have found them in the auto area and also over by office supply when at Sam's. The ones that are colored on one side are marketed as a play surface for kid's rooms. They disappear for months and then show up again, but they do always seem to show back up .
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

They may also have them at Costco. Thats where I got mine.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

I live in Denton, Texas and ranched at Schulenburg, Texas.
    Let your fingers do your driving; go to Sams.com and ask your questions, they may even deliver to Walmart nearest you.............No shipping charges.

Ray Gerdes in beaytiful Texas

soft footin

First of ALL thanks the advise on floor mats Decided I had 3 hours before the beginning of the race so went to town with a goal of a new shop floor. Went to a few places and nothing, so upon a suggestion of a wise bearded one I ended up at lowes . Well my main shop area between my equipment is now covered with Anti-Fatigue Rubber Mat : Only 6' x 8' area at this moment, but I think before I'm done the entire shop will be covered. Yes Larry I am "soft footin" Man this stuff feels so good that I cant wait to get down there to see how it feels working. Each section is 36" x 36" for $19.95, not to bad. Any ways here are some pic for the pic police.

Thanks again all, Tom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Curlie_flooring 015 (600 x 450).jpg   Curlie_flooring 016 (600 x 450).jpg   Curlie_flooring 017 (600 x 450).jpg   Curlie_flooring 018 (600 x 450).jpg