Anti Fatigue Floor Matting

Tom Niemi

Staff member
Does anyone know of a good source of anti fatigue floor mats? I have a basement shop with concrete floors and mix in bad hips, creates short shop time some days :(. LOML wants me to get these, I agree, I got a kitchen to finish :p. Thanks :thumb:

Tom

Sams, or Walmart.... We got a pack or two for my granddaughters to play on, Been a couple of years and they stay out in the weather all year, Just noticed Saturday that the last storm pulled some up and the wind blew them into the woods but when my S-I-L gets off his ..... and retrieves them, they will go back to providing a safe area around their playhouse... Should work for older folks to stand and play as well. (One side is Black and the other side is colorful, your choice) :thumb:

+1 on Sam's. Around here their products vary off and on but when they have them, the thick mats, gray or colored on one side, 8 to a pak for about $15 IIRC. I've been tromping on them for years and still have an unopened pack. I bought "spares" as I expected them to wear out. Still going . . .

The mats at Sears, Pep Boys, Auto Zone,e tc. and Harbor Freight are more expensive and thinner material in my neck of the woods.

Sams, or Walmart.... We got a pack or two for my granddaughters to play on, Been a couple of years and they stay out in the weather all year, Just noticed Saturday that the last storm pulled some up and the wind blew them into the woods but when my S-I-L gets off his ..... and retrieves them, they will go back to providing a safe area around their playhouse... Should work for older folks to stand and play as well. (One side is Black and the other side is colorful, your choice) :thumb:

Hey Bill, what dept. do they sell those in? Also what are the dimensions? :huh:

Good post Tom, I'm getting to the same point as you with the hips and knees.... some parts of getting old really suck:p:eek:

8 pack for $15.00? Well its only 35 mins each way to sams, that would be worth the time, Thanks Glenn :thumb:. Are they 2 ft square?

Right, 2 foot square. I just went to get the item number off my spare pack. Wouldn't you know I hd used one out of the pack for something and tossed the paper liner with the info on it and they don't show up online. Drat!

I have found them in the auto area and also over by office supply when at Sam's. The ones that are colored on one side are marketed as a play surface for kid's rooms. They disappear for months and then show up again, but they do always seem to show back up :thumb:.

soft footin

First of ALL thanks the advise on floor mats:thumb::thumb::thumb: Decided I had 3 hours before the beginning of the race :D so went to town with a goal of a new shop floor. Went to a few places and nothing, so upon a suggestion of a wise bearded one I ended up at lowes :D. Well my main shop area between my equipment is now covered with Anti-Fatigue Rubber Mat :D: Only 6' x 8' area at this moment, but I think before I'm done the entire shop will be covered. Yes Larry I am "soft footin":D Man this stuff feels so good that I cant wait to get down there to see how it feels working. Each section is 36" x 36" for $19.95, not to bad. Any ways here are some pic for the pic police.

Thanks again all, Tom

Attachments

• Curlie_flooring 015 (600 x 450).jpg
    Curlie_flooring 015 (600 x 450).jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Curlie_flooring 016 (600 x 450).jpg
    Curlie_flooring 016 (600 x 450).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Curlie_flooring 017 (600 x 450).jpg
    Curlie_flooring 017 (600 x 450).jpg
    102 KB · Views: 33
  • Curlie_flooring 018 (600 x 450).jpg
    Curlie_flooring 018 (600 x 450).jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 36
First of ALL thanks the advise on floor mats:thumb::thumb::thumb: Decided I had 3 hours before the beginning of the race :D so went to town with a goal of a new shop floor. Went to a few places and nothing, so upon a suggestion of a wise bearded one I ended up at lowes :D. Well my main shop area between my equipment is now covered with Anti-Fatigue Rubber Mat :D: Only 6' x 8' area at this moment, but I think before I'm done the entire shop will be covered. Yes Larry I am "soft footin":D Man this stuff feels so good that I cant wait to get down there to see how it feels working. Each section is 36" x 36" for $19.95, not to bad. Any ways here are some pic for the pic police.

Thanks again all, Tom
Heyyyyy those are pretty cool! Think I need some of those too!

Those mats remind me of the mats used in commercial kitchens by the food prep and cooking stations. They are 3/4" thick, come in what I think we 3' x 6' sizes and have the holes.

I always felt sorry for the low man in the kitchen who had to drag them out of the kitchen and pressure wash them off! Yuck!

How bad is cleaning out the junk from the holes in a woodshop? That would seem to be a lot of vacuuming!

I might have seen those kitchen mats at Costco? My Costco reminds me of a Odd-Lot's store, every time I go there they have slightly different stock.

I have the 2' x 2' clip together squares by my workbench in the basement and more ready to lay down when I roll the tools around in the garage (err' shop).

Cheers

Jim

Well.....Ah.....I guess that the low man is me :eek: I was looking for solid panels, but they were not to be found:p actually I use my vacuum attachments on my dust collection, much more suction that my shop vac, and that worked very well before the floor mats, hopefully they will work for these. If not, at least they pull apart easly for cleanup and it is only sawdust not kitchen mess :p

HF, 8 sq ft for $9.99 regular price

Tom, for the First Time in a Looooooong while, our Harbor Frt got a large order of the solid, but interlocking, 1/2" thick pads in last Thursday. They come 4 in a pkg that are 24" x 24", (16 sq ft per pkg) and were priced at $9.99 per pkg, (regular price). I came home with three pkgs.:D The quality seems to be as good as any others I have seen. I don't know if they are available in Every Store or not, as some times our store doesn't have every item that is on the sale flyers.

If you want to call your local HF store to see if they have them in stock, the Item # is 94635

PS: these also have the edge pieces that fit into the dovetail edges.

Last edited:
I'm sure those will work fine, and you will find a huge difference in how your legs, back and knees feel after a few hours walking around on those, compared to the concrete slab.

I got some at Costco, they are 2' square and solid, smooth on one side with a diamond plate texture on the other side, they can all snap together and even had some thin edging strips too. Now that I'm going to change the layout of the Dungeon with the arrival of the SawStop, my cut to size mats don't fit anymore, but the last time I went to Costco, they did not have any in stock, actually the last three times, I guess I should have bought four packs instead of just two :doh:

Cheers!

Tom, for the First Time in a Looooooong while, our Harbor Frt got a large order of the solid, but interlocking, 1/2" thick pads in last Thursday. They come 4 in a pkg that are 24" x 24", (8 sq ft per pkg) and were priced at $9.99 per pkg, (regular price). I came home with three pkgs.:D The quality seems to be as good as any others I have seen. I don't know if they are available in Every Store or not, as some times our store doesn't have every item that is on the sale flyers.

Norman don't you mean 16 square feet to a package? 2'x2'= 4 x 4 sq.ft= 16 sq.ft.

Last edited:
Norman don't you mean 16 square feet to a package? 2'x2'= 4 x 4 sq.ft. x 4 sq.ft.ft.= 16 sq.ft.

Sheesh, you're Exactly correct, Bart.:eek: Oh well, it was VERY late and this "Confuser's" picture file had me pretty frustrated by then, (and it's still not communicating with me).:bang: I'm surprised I even got that CLOSE to the correct answer.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Note, I added the Item # in my post above if you want to check on their availability locally.:thumb: