How about some Curlie Maple Stock

Tom Niemi

Staff member
My sons boss was collecting some curly maple for some time and finally decided to get rid of some of it :eek: and what we ended up with is 43 bf of some really nice curly maple :D The wider stuff is soft maple that my son is going to use with some curlie cherry to make a bedroom suite for his bride to be (he better start posting his stuff because it needs to be posted :D), and the thinner stuff is hard maple that I will use for some more boxes that I have in mind to build. Anyway it is I just love curlie maple :D

Attachments

• Curlie_flooring 001 (600 x 450).jpg
    Curlie_flooring 001 (600 x 450).jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Curlie_flooring 003 (600 x 450).jpg
    Curlie_flooring 003 (600 x 450).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Curlie_flooring 005 (600 x 450).jpg
    Curlie_flooring 005 (600 x 450).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Curlie_flooring 012 (600 x 450).jpg
    Curlie_flooring 012 (600 x 450).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Curlie_flooring 014 (600 x 450).jpg
    Curlie_flooring 014 (600 x 450).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Actually Chuck, Tom needs to send it out here to Hawaii, because it is contaminated and if it gets cut it could spread the contamination throughout the mainland. We here in the islands are far enough isolated so you folks can be spared. But he must be quick about it.

Seriously Tom, That's really pretty wood. I remember my Dad making some furniture (a drop leaf table and a chest of drawers that I recall) out of that same nice looking curly maple. That was when I was just a young boy, so there won't be any pictures, Sorry

Aloha, Tony

Nice wood! Love the curlie as well, can't wait to see what gets built with it. Save event the smallest scraps, I'm sure there are some pens to be made from it.

I don't turn, but if I did it would be pens :thumb: I do save every and all scraps, just love the stuff. All of the boxes I have posted earlier were made from drops that my sons work were going to turn into chips :eek: If I have pen stock left over (.75 x .75 x 5 ish) is there anyone interested? I have a bit of other nicewood scraps (Zebrawood, Teak, Walnut, ? what interests pen turners, we might have it)

Clearly a problem with your planer.
attachment.php

Too bad a run through the planer left these wavy spots on the wood.
Send me the planer and wood, I'll see what I can do.

Tom I do turn pens. how much for a large flat rate box of your scraps?
Thanks, Mark

First of all Mark, welcome to the family :wave:. I am going to get together with my son and we will come up with a good list of what we have for you turners and go from there. Price will be very family friendly :thumb:

Tom