Yet another Chuck ?

Chuck,

1. Is the adaptor face contacting the shoulder of the spindle?
If the adaptor doesn't sit flush against the spindle shoulder, it is depending on the threads to center it. These won't do it. Perhaps the adaptor internal threads are not recessed enough and the thread bottoms on the end of spindle threads and won't go far enough to seat the adaptor against the spindle shoulder.

2. Is the adaptor seated completely in the chuck threads?
Here again, there may be a case of the threads interfering with the adaptor seating fully against the back of the chuck. These flat shoulders are what give the chuck its alignment.

Hope this helps.

Aloha, Tony

When I got my 3520 I got two new Nova adaptors, and one of the two had a considerable amount of runout. I ended up returning it for replacement. If you've already checked the two things Tony recommends, then I think I'd contact the seller and tell them what you're seeing.

I like to use nylon washers behind the chuck to facilitate removal. With my mini-chuck there is no problem and all runs true. But, with my Barracuda 4 I cannot use the washers. The 'cudda must be screwed all the way back to seat square. With washers it is wobble city. Are you using washers?

Out of 5 chucks, I found one adapter that was bad. It was the only third party adapter I bought. I was trying to save a few bucks. Lesson learned.

Another thing you can try after doing what Tony suggests is to make sure there is no debris knocking thinks out of alignment.

Lastly, those nylon washers everybody loves to tell you to use will cause runout.