Street Organ Video

I just got back to the L shop from laying flooring all day at the Aparto, I'm tired, and a bit sore, then I followed your link and man did that put a smile on my face :clap:

Jay, that has to be one of the happiest things I've seen and listened to in such a long time, BRAVO :thumb: :thumb:

and THANK YOU sir for taking the time to share it with us all!

I'm forwarding this to everyone I know!

Cheers!

Jay - That was an incredible display!

Not only your cranking skill but also the music being generated!

My first thought was of course of Popeye the Sailor Man. A snippet of that song was his theme song. I shudder to think of how many of you are saying Popeye, who's that?

Then my mind started on the mechanical / logistical questions:

Where is the "wind" for the pipes coming from? Are you "generating" it within the organ itself based on the crank or using an external air source?

Are the "rolls" commercially available and are they expensive? It reminds me of the player piano rolls my Aunt had at her house when we were growing up.

All you need to do is keep feeding George some bananas and he can take over the cranking duty.

Thanks again for posting that link.

Made my day.

Jim

Fantastic, Jay!!! I closed my eyes and pictured the First Fellow I ever saw playing one of those (65 yrs or more ago. ) He was advertising a Carnival that was coming to town, and that Monkey he had really knew how to work a crowd with his cup too.:D I can only Imagine the process of tuning all those parts up. Looked like "George" was having a good time too. You just gotta get him a "Tin Cup" though, so he can help you pay for more of those ROLLS.:D

Thanks for the show AND the Memories.:thumb::thumb::thumb: