Shop Day

Well finally I had a great day in the shop today. Finally got a whole day to do nothing but turn. I am making a cherry salad bowl set with a main bowl 11" X 4" and 8 small bowls 7" X 3". I got the main bowl and 4 small ones done today and in the DNA. Also turned a ambrosia maple and a Olive wood bowl that will be a communion bowl. My best friend and the guy I have worked with for 27 yrs his son was ordained a priest 1 yr ago this coming May. That is going to be his 1st yr anniversary gift. I almost forgot I roughed a red oak bowl (I think that is what it was. Came from Missouri and oak of some kind) and it is in the DNA also.

The other bowl I turned or should say tried to turn today is a 12" X 6" redwood bowl. I got the outside done and turned it around to start on the inside. Well got it about half done and the foot broke off flush with the bottom of the bowl. I ran out of CA so it is clamped with Titebond III. Will let it sit for 24 hrs and hopefully get it done tomorrow night.

Sorry for the ramble but it has been a long time since I have been able to do nothing but turn all day and rough out 8 bowls plus almost a 9th. Of course in 318 days I will be able to do that all the time.:D:)

Of course any time turning is better than a good day at work. Oh well off to work tomorrow.:(:type:

Yep i get one of those days every so often and really like the alone time with my wood projects..........wish i had more of them........good luck and hope you get more days like it.

Bernie congratulations on shop time. While I have had a little time to make a couple of pens my dang job is getting in the way of my hobby. I am truly envious.

Alan

Congrats Bernie, shop time for me is really scarce right now, I've only turned the one bowl this year, and it is half way through February :eek:

But................ where are the pictures :huh: :dunno:

:D :wave:

Good for you Bernie. :thumb:

I have only turned once since before christmas. Cold temps, work, sick kid and then the past week I've had a sinus infection...it's clearing up and I can't wait to get to the lathe this weekend.