When one door closes.....

in my opinion, if he is eligleable to get training or more education under the new laws, he should take advantage of it and look at something that cant be replaced by a machine or a computer!

We all have stories to tell -- mine was layoff when Eisenhower was pres. I revised my life into teaching; I never regreted it.
I just hope you did not just buy a brand new big toy that you have regrets about. Just open a door and all will be better.

Ray Gerdes
Nope - came close. I was looking at big screens.:D

I did replace my car about a year and a half ago. Still have some payment s on that.:(

Just found this thread.....hang tough Rennie! These things always make sense AFTER the good stuff happens.

The midwest will gladly take you too. North Dak and South Dak are way below the nat'l average for unemployment....jobs galore......at $7.50/hr............

Just found this thread.....hang tough Rennie! These things always make sense AFTER the good stuff happens.

The midwest will gladly take you too. North Dakota and South Dakota are way below the nat'l average for unemployment....jobs galore......at $7.50/hr............
Yep, you're currently about 3 points behind Idaho. I've been through both N & S Dakota. Pretty country. Don't know that I could handle the winters though.:(

Last edited:
I missed this thread til now. Just want to extend a hand and good wishes to you Rennie. Sounds like you're in good shape for this situation. I'm sure you'll figure a good way forward. Best wishes coming your way.

Best of luck, Rennie. I'm sure it won't be long before you are here posting about your next adventure in "corporate world"...:thumb: Or your next idea that is going to let you do what you want, on your own.

Best of luck.

Best of luck, Rennie. I'm sure it won't be long before you are here posting about your next adventure in "corporate world"...:thumb: Or your next idea that is going to let you do what you want, on your own.

Best of luck.
Thanks Greg (and all who have posted). It's great knowing that so many are pulling for you!:D