Street Organ how it works video

Some good links guys. Brent I like the idea of wood gears keeps with the whole theme of the organ going to have to look into that further.

Frank I have seen that sack full and nothing in there the right size but thanks for looking for me. With all this help I'm bound to find something that will work that is in my price range.

Thanks to everyone. :wave:
Jay

I think that page has some links to a 'gear generator' program that allows you to design any type of gear, print it out on paper, and then use a band saw or scroll saw to cut the gears.

Not sure I'd want to recreate his whole computerized gear cutting stuff, but it all looks pretty cool.

Paul there is no place in the US to buy plans. You can get the John Smith plans form www.rollcutter.com Peter Hood is good to deal with. There are other Plans available of different designs from the Netherlands but some are only in Dutch which I cant read.

I do have plans for a Fair Organ its a Wurlitzer 105 which I am starting to make parts for now you can research it on the wurlitzer105b yahoo forum.

Hope this helps its a real fun project.

Jay

John said to contact him directly and he can supply the plans. Hope this help those that were trying to get Plans.

Please tell him the Jay Caughron sent you.

John Smiths email address is john"DOT"smith6607"AT"ntlworld.com
note . and @ has been changed

Last edited:
Royall I see on the roll cutter site it was 35 EUR thats 10 less than when I got them but at that time the EUR and Dollar were close to same so it only cost $45 then . John sometimes takes US Dollar which makes it a lot easier and cheaper. You would just have to contact him at the email address and ask. He said he now takes paypal and that makes it a lot easer also. John is a real nice individual and great to work with and will work out any problems that come up. :thumb:

Jay

Jay,

THAT
ORGAN
IS
AWESOME.

Thanks for the vid too, it was really exciting to see it in action. The sound reminds me of the circus. In a good way though, that is really cool. Very inspiring and intricate. It would be awesome to see one in person!