Family Airloom

Ron Roase

OK, now no giggles.... I was told this was a family Airloom and she wanted it kept to show it to people and wanted a box to hold it. She gave it to me in a tupper-ware container.When I first saw it I thought she was kidding. But she was very serious. It was given to her by her Grandmother. She said it was a Catus from Arizona. It was so small that I thought about how to display it for quite some time. I started out by turning a small dish from Poplure. Wanted to keep it light in color so it would show off the cactus. Then about 5 AM I woke up and had the plan all figured out. What you see in the pictures is all Oak and plexi glass, with a clear finish on every thing. Was hard to keep the dust from clinging to the glass ( static elec) Used some static guard to get every thing clean on inside. Once it was to gether,:huh:no cchance on geting it clean. Any way thats my day.:D Hope she is happy when she sees it.:dunno:

Attachments

• Airloom 1.jpg
    Airloom 1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Airloom 2.jpg
    Airloom 2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Airloom 3.jpg
    Airloom 3.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Airloom 4.jpg
    Airloom 4.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 105
ok ron you done your part on the case now yu need to tell us what the thing really is and what the signifcance of it was???

Larry, it is a piece of a barrell cactus that her grandmother brought back from Arizona in 1989. She didn't say any more then that. But did hear from her to day and she was happy with the display case.:D:thumb: