Grand Daughter's Desk

Tony Falotico

A delayed Christmas gift for my Grand Daughter (8 yr old), at least I finished in the same year. :thumb: We were going to buy one, but after seeing reasonably priced junk and over price acceptable I decided at the last minute (week before Christmas) to make one. I cheated by buying turned legs at the borg. Was planning on buying a wood chair and finishing to match the desk, but again, could not find one on short notice. A friend suggested the bench, and the borg had shorter matching legs so I went with a matching bench with storage. Good choice, glad my buddy suggested it.

Desk is made from basic borg pine, painted w/ two coats primer and sprayed top coat. I originally made a plywood top painted white, did not like it, so went with a maple top w/ wipe on poly. Top needs a quick sanding and another coat, otherwise it's ready for delivery.

Not one of my better works, but good for it's intended purpose......... Comments and critiques welcome........

Attachments

• PC310030 (755 x 565).jpg
    PC310030 (755 x 565).jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 38
  • PC310031 (600 x 449).jpg
    PC310031 (600 x 449).jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 28
  • PC310032 (600 x 449).jpg
    PC310032 (600 x 449).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 24
Tony

Looks like a great job and I'm sure she'll love it! How did you fasten the legs? Loose M&T?

Jay

Great job. Looks perfect for an 8-year-old girl...I'll bet she loves it. I especially like the storage in the bench. Reminds me of my mom's piano bench, where all sorts of cool stuff ended up.