Poly Urethane over Danish oil

I just finished Rosewood table to use in my Lapa, and fininshed it with Danish oil. I do however think that I did not hand sand it enough because it has dull spots where most of the top is fairly shiny.

In the mean time I figured that a Poly Urethane finish would have provided more protection since it is a semi exposed environment. The sides of the Lapa is open and although we made a decent cover for the table, it is still "outside"

My question is: would it work if I sand it down, and then apply a Poly coating with a spray gun? Would it bind to the Danish oil? How could I prepare it better for the Poly Coating?

Uys

It should be no problem, I do it all the time, and I don't even sand the danish oil. Many like to use danish oil or boiled linseed oil first cause it tends to bring out the grain, then top coat with, poly, laquer, or whatever. I think it helps with making the top coat flow and cover more evenly.

Uys I think that it will better when you get the poly on it :thumb: and its said that poly is better in the long run as far as protection anyway.......Marshall....:type: