New software release slideshow problem

Hi there.

I do not know if this is hapening only to me or to everybody.
When I want to look at the pics of any post, the first and second pics load at a reasonable speed but from the third one always and I do mean always the slide screen seems to hang up and display the turning lines for ever without showing any pic until I press "next" and force it to jump to the next one so then I have to go to the previous pic if I want to see it.

Is anybody else experiencing the same problem? I have a 3Mb line and never happened this before with the older release:dunno:

Toni, I've see a few problems where the first pic I click on doesn't display, but if I close the picture window and click again, everything displays fine. I've not had the same problem you've described, though. I'll look on the vBulletin forums and see if any other forums are having problems with this version of the software.

I have both Toni's and Chuck's problems. I used to enjoy looking at the pix. Now it is a hassle. No joy. :huh: :(

Oh, high speed broad band here, as well.

Server is private at the school here. Assume it is fairly fast because the computer gurus on campus would be screaming the walls down if it wasn't.

Browser is FireFox, latest version - it automatically updates.

Last edited:
I have had BOTH problems from day one of the changeover. It was a ton faster when we just clicked on each pic, and sometimes I still have to click on each pic, OR put the mouse arrow in the Black pic space & click on it and it will sometimes come up. I'm also on Broadband, using Fire Fox. I really don't like this new feature, but I guess it can't be changed.:bang::bang::bang:

(I "THINK" my computer GURU said it is the latest version of Fire Fox and automatically updated).:dunno:

Last edited:
I haven't had any problems and I'm enjoying the slideshows...don't know if it means anything, but I'm using internet explorer....:dunno:

I haven't had any problems and I'm enjoying the slideshows...don't know if it means anything, but I'm using internet explorer....:dunno:

Same here. I like it, and haven't (yet) experienced any problems with it.

I'm using MSIE 7, with a five meg cable connection.

Last edited:
Would those that are having problems please edit their posts with what browser and version you are using and if you are on broadband or dialup. Any info would help...Thanks

We're still trying to track down the problem, but a question has come up. Of you folks who are having problems viewing the pics, what forum skin (or color scheme) are you using? Do you use the blue ""Default Style", or are you using the brown and light orange "Woody" skin?

You can check this by scrolling all the way to the bottom of any page and looking at the drop-down menu on the lower left side of the page. It will say either "Default Style" or "Woody".

Let us know what you're using, and we'll see if we can get the problem narrowed down.

Thanks -

Glad to see it is not just me :D

Using this site.......

http://www.speedtest.net/

I'm at 5134 kb/s download and 744 kb/s upload

I'm having this problem with all of my machines;

Mac running Safari
Win XP Pro running Firefox 3.0.6and IE 7. something (at home)
Win 2000 Pro running Firefox 3.0.6 and IE 6.0.2800.1160

I usually end up just clicking the blank space to get the pic, or I wait 20 to 30 seconds for the image... :dunno:

I'm using the woody skin, I'll try the default blue skin........... :wave:

Blueskin, for me, and I usually end up doing like Stu said above, but it still takes 20 to 30 secs for that individual pic to come up & sometimes longer.