Grandson in hospital

Frank Fusco

Bad start for the day. Opened e-mail this a.m. and saw one from my son with one of our twin grandson's name as the subject. An ominous sign.
Sure enough, bad news. Brendan, age 8, became ill at home and kept getting worse. Son and daughter-in-law are both medical doctors but were, nonetheless, puzzled. Took him to urgent care and he was admitted. Spoke to DIL this a.m. and they are still trying to diagnose what the problem is. Suspected is a norovirus or some such thing. If we have to go up to help sit the other two grandchildren, I may be away for a while.

Frank,
Here's hoping for a fast diagnosis of a non-serious condition, and a speedy and complete recovery.

Please convey our best wishes to your son and daughter-in-law.

Frank, so sorry to hear about your grandson. I pray that he is getting better and will be home soon. So good to hear you be matter of fact about going and sitting like a grandpa should. Hope you don't have to, but am confident you will be a source of support for the other grandchildren and it is what memories are made of. Good luck.

From one grandpa to another; we would rather it be us. The joy they bring is sometimes offset by the terror of something happening to them. God, bless and heal Brendan according to Your will, Amen.