Grandson in hospital

Thanks again. No change this aft. Except he is awake and restless. Still has diarrhea and has to get out of bed often. The IV is a nuisance.
Wife/Grandma may go up to Springfield to help sit kids at home or stay with Bren in hospital. There is no cure for norovirus except hydration, rest and time.
Photo below: that's him on the right with his fraternal twin when I took them to Blanchard Springs and Caverns on our camp out last summer.

Attachments

• H&B at BS.jpg
    H&B at BS.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 37
Best thoughts & prayers for Brenda, Frank, kids sick really is hard, but kids are tough, I'm sure he will be back up and at it in no time :thumb:

Stu & Family

Thanks again. No change this aft. Except he is awake and restless.

Frank,

Awake and restless is good! :thumb:

We had this sweep through the dorms like wildfire about a month ago. Hundreds of kids got sick. No fun. We still have handy-wipe dispensers in all the computer labs. They were giving it to each other across shared keyboards!

Here's hoping for a quick recovery...

Thanks,

Bill

Appreciate all the comments.
Unfortunately, as of early this morning, Brendan is still not responding to treatment. Still has bad diarrhea and cannot take food by mouth. He will remain in the hospital.
Wife (grandma) going up to help sit the other grands.

Frank,
We definitely will keep him in our prayers. I showed this to my wife & she's going to have the Dominican Priests at work (Providence College) keep him in their daily prayers.

getting better and diagnosis

Culture tests revealed that Brendan has Salmonella. No idea where he got it. Peanut butter maybe? Dunno.
Good news is that diarrhea is diminished, he has eaten some solid foods and is more upset that he missed a cave tour field trip with his class than being sick.
Thank you all for thoughts and prayers. Brendan may be allowed to go home later today.

Hi Frank my thoughts and prayers go out to him. Have they diagnosed exactly what it is. Are they sure of the correct virus? What about second opinions.

Quick short story. I had an orthopedic doc once who was fixing my leg after having contracted bone sepsis due to implant (long story). He would always send out a minimum of two samples most times three to different pathology labs to get results on the bugs he was up against all the way through my treatment. Told me upfront about his method. Said it cost more but he had yet to see the same result come back from both labs.

I am now a big advocate of not leaving my fate in the hands of one doctor. This guy I am refering to fixed my leg when another was washing his hands of the problem.

No fear factor intended just some advice that maybe another opinion or more tests at a different lab would yield differnt results.

I trully hope something changes soon. Lucky the youngster has age on his side.