Timber Framing

Thanks to all for the Bday greetings.
I'm not dead
This is how I spent it.

http://www.northernlightstimberframing.com/North House Classes/sawhorse class february 2009.htm

Took an intro to timber framing course over the weekend at my home away from home, North House Folk School. More to develop some new skills and jump start my WW.
We had the full spectrum of students from couples, planning TF homes to individuals in need of a serious saw horse.

We got a demo on Neander to modern Hi tech tools including Sketch-Up for timber framing.

All of us tried all the toyls. We had one guy that completed his horses with all neander techniques.
A good time was had by all. I have higher respect for the framing square and builders of old. Nice sharing with you.

Hi Tyler.:wave: That looks like it was a real FUN Birthday weekend. Does this mean we should soon expect to see some "Substantial" Sawhorses in your shop? :D I immediately thought of "TIM" the Tool Man when I saw your picture with the "Largest CS" in the shop and I was proud to see you were serious about it and not wasting time with those Wimpier Tools.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey Tyler, nice to see you.

That class looks like fun, the chain mortiser, what brand was it?

They sell those here in Japan used quite cheap, but they are usually larger than that.

The "Mother Of All Skill Saws" looks like a handful too :D

Hey Tyler, nice to see you.

That class looks like fun, the chain mortiser, what brand was it?

They sell those here in Japan used quite cheap, but they are usually larger than that.

The "Mother Of All Skill Saws" looks like a handful too :D

Both mortiser and 16" c saw are Makita.
Heavy and not a lot of power but better than cutting by hand.

I have a pair in my shop, now what project next????