Shop Tour Tonight (pics) - Feel free to post yours as well.

Mike Heidrick

I am hosting a shop tour tonight (one of two tours tonight for our WW club and friends). I have been cleaning up and rearranging the shop over the last month. My goal was 8' in and out for the tablesaw, jointer, planer, and bandsaw.

I am also hosting (and attending) a handcut dovetail class in the next couple weeks so I wanted to clean my back bench off and put on a new top (I am all about the sacrificial bench tops). While I was at it I moved my router table top to a kreg stand, and built a miter saw table for my Hitachi slider with eth Kreg Top Track. Here are all my results.

Feel free to post your shop tours as well if you have some to share!!

backbench.jpg

cabinet.jpg

mitersaw.jpg

northwest.jpg

kregklampcubbyhole.jpg

clamps-1.jpg

middle.jpg

northeast.jpg

southeast.jpg

Wow. :thumb::thumb: Very impressive and very well equipped. Fantastic. Oh, and by the way, thanks for showing a spotlessly clean shop with everything in its place. Now Larry might stop picking on me for my shop.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Great looking shop Mike. Thanks for sharing your pictures. I always love taking "tours" of other folk's shops. There always seems to be a tip or the seed of an idea planted somewhere in the way other people set up their work areas. Really nice and thanks again.

That is one nice, well setup and equipped shop Mike :thumb: I have used a similar clamp rack like the one next to your compressor for gluing up butcher block countertop, nice to have one for yourself :thumb:

Tom

The lathe is a shopsmith tucked in the back left of the cubbyhole picture (one with Kreg tables). I actually have the chance to buy an old Delta lathe - I just do not turn enough. My SS works just fone for what I do.

The rack is a 8' JLT Panel Clamp rack. I was introduced to it by my cabinet maker friend Gary. They are awesome.

Gee Mike.

And you call this a "hobbyist shop"?? I've seen professional shops here that have half of the surface and half of the tools.

Thanks for showing us, :thumb::thumb:

Thanks for the tour, Mike. Very nice & well equipped. Love that clamp Rack.:thumb: You have great taste in Bandsaws too,:thumb: (going out to the shop right now to be sure mine is still there).:rofl::rofl: