Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ridgid 3650

Ridgid 3650

Found one of these after many phone calls and it is the display model. They said that is missing the "guard on the side". Couldn't really get clarification what that is. Said it's not the blade guard.

Anyone help out with this? It's a 2 hour drive 1 way for me to see it and don't want to drive all the there if it's a part that is needed.

Kea'au Hawaii. Just down the road from Hilo town!
    You might call them and see if one of the staff has a camera phone who would be willing to send you an image of what is missing... Just a thought, the worst they could do is say NO
    Aloha,

What goes around, comes around.

I have a 3560, but I don't know what they're talking about with a "guard on the side". I wonder if it's someone who doesn't know tablesaws, and they're talking about the fence. Royall's suggestion of asking for a picture might work. If it is indeed the blade guard that's missing, I've got one available for the cost of shipping.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

It's going to be the fence. I spoke to her again and basically drew a mental picture. So I think I will pass on it. Guess I'll look at the delta's.

You might look into putting a different fence on it. I've got an Incra fence on my 3650. In fact, I could probably be persuaded to sell my Ridgid fence, since I no longer use it. I've been saving it for the future, in case I get a cabinet saw and want to move the Incra fence system to it, but right now I could probably use the money more than the fence.

Personally, I'd save up my lunch money to get the Ridgid over any of the Deltas I've seen in the same price range.

workingwoods.com

Another vote for the ridgid with an aftermarket fence! I have the same setup as Vaughn, but the original fence was good as well. A display model, without a fence, should be about half price of new... What kind of discount are they offering?

Thanks,

Bill

She wouldn't say on the phone. She did however say "I will cut you a deal to get it the heck out of my store". So no telling what that might be. I might just take a road trip to go an look tomorrow. I don't go back to work till Friday night.

Sounds like you should make a road trip Dustin, Only take cash in the amount you are wiling to pay. If they really want in gone, money talks

Kea'au Hawaii. Just down the road from Hilo town!
    The way the retailer work I would be surprised if they did NOT give 50% discount. I'd be on their door step first thing in the mornin!! From what I've seen of that saw it is a well built machine. Heck even if you couldn't find a used fence, you'd probably still be money ahead getting one from the supplier. And besides...... I love spenging other peoples money
    Aloha,

What goes around, comes around.

I agree it sounds like it's worth taking a drive to check out. Being a store display model, it may be pretty rough to look at, but there are enough 3560 owners here I'll bet we can walk you through anything that needs to be handled. As long as the table isn't cracked, the motor appears intact, and the inner workings look they they are all still there, it'll likely make a good saw. Things like stains from Coke cans being set on the table, or misaligned extension wings, or even missing hand crank wheels can all be fixed pretty easily.

workingwoods.com