Incra Glidelock miter bar

Although I don't need any of the miter bars right now, thanks for the link to that site. I hadn't seen it before. :thumb:

I'd buy direct and save. Incremental Tools preferred customers use the weekly special code MSSE5 at check out and receive an additional $5.00 discount. I have the email from 2/26/09, if you need it give an address and I'll forward it to you if you like.

Last edited:
Pssst, Derrill. Taylor Design Group is Incra :)

I absolutely love my miter bars on my Incra guages. I was elated when I saw it available for sale. I have one of their other ones (with the expanding slotted aluminum) and it doesn't work nearly as well as these bars with the widening Delrin (i suspect) discs. :)

Here's the Promo that Derrill was talking about:

http://incra.com/email_blast/ITC_Feb26-09.htm

So ya mean I've been using the side door? :) I've always wondered why Incra has more on their web site than Incremental sells?:huh: You are right, these miter bars are sweet! You won't believe the difference on accuracy and how easy to set up.

Pssst, Derrill. Taylor Design Group is Incra :)

I absolutely love my miter bars on my Incra guages. I was elated when I saw it available for sale. I have one of their other ones (with the expanding slotted aluminum) and it doesn't work nearly as well as these bars with the widening Delrin (i suspect) discs. :)

Here's the Promo that Derrill was talking about:

http://incra.com/email_blast/ITC_Feb26-09.htm

I've got an Osborn miter gauge that is sloppy in my Unisaw. If I adjust the bar to take the slop out then it won't slide smoothly. If you're familiar with the set up do you think these bars could be adapted to the Osborne??

I don't know the Osborne, but these bars have a similar point of "grabby" as all bars i've seen. It has to do with the slot in the saw - some are milled smoother than others. At the very least, I think you'd have to drill and tap some holes to fit this bar to your osborne.

The delrin discs are very nice at allowing you to adjust things tighter than any other bars i've seen. The ones that just expand the bar itself means you have metal-to-metal contact. That's higher friction than these little discs and i've been able to get almost all the wiggle out of my miter guages because of it.

There's still SOME play because one of my slots has a high spot that I one day intend to adjust with some 220 wet/dry sandpaper on a block of wood ... that day just hasn't come, yet :D