Stanley #5 type 14 with new tote & knob

Craig Johnson

Hi everyone.
I recently acquired a Stanley #5 type 14 from Walt at Brass City.
When I ordered it I saw that it was missing the horn of the tote. No biggie at the time but I thought I would try to find a good tote and maybe a matching knob.
I did see some on Ebay but was not lucky enough to get them.
I checked around and found this site:
http://www.drozsoldetymestanleytotesandknobs.com/saleitems.html

I decided to get the tote and knob together in cocobolo. It might seem expensive to some of you but right now I dont have the capability or the materials to make my own at this time so I ordered them. (Although I might consider that in the future).
They were 35.00 for both & 5.00 shipping.
He sent me some pics to make sure they looked good.
They look very good.
Received them yesterday and got them installed. Really makes my #5 look better and once installed are rock solid.
I do not have any relation to this site, just wanted to relate a quality product in case some of you are looking for a knob or tote.
Greg is a really good guy and is selling a quality product.
Heres some pics:

Before:
stanley5T14.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

Wow Craig, that really dressed up that old #5 nicely. :thumb: I've never priced new totes and knobs, but $35 doesn't sound out of line for what you get. I know I sure couldn't make them and pay for my time at that price.

Wow Craig, that really dressed up that old #5 nicely. :thumb: I've never priced new totes and knobs, but $35 doesn't sound out of line for what you get. I know I sure couldn't make them and pay for my time at that price.

Ive shopped new old stock and vintage ones and they are easily 65.00 plus just for a tote.

Larry-
I cant put her on a shelf. She might have a new knob and tote but shes gonna get some use!!

Those are REALLY Nice, Craig. Thanks for the pics and link. I've marked it for possible future use when the budget allows me to get that far on the "tuit" list.:D