New Sharpening Jig

No experience with this. I have the Wolverine. This appears to be designed to compete with that system. The Nova does have some good features and accessories included in the base price not on the Wolverine. Definitely worth considering. If you are shopping, do check out the PSI knock-off of the Wolverine before making a final decision. I think any of the three would serve you well.

I have been in the market for a jig and I have just been waiting to get the Wolverine, but I came across the sharpening center from NOVA, check this out and let me know what you guys think https://www.teknatool.com/products/Other/Sharpening_Centre/Sharpening_centre.htm I cant find any reviews on it, but it sure does look cool. If any of you have had experiences with it let me know what you think!
Thanks

Tried twice to view the link and both times the computer locked up tight! I don't know if it is just my boat anchor or if anyone else had the same problem:huh::( I don't think I'll try it a third time:D

Royall,

The link worked for me. It just asked about "secure" and "non secure" things. But it opened really quick.

Is it raining over there? Is here but beggining to slow a bit. Chilly too.

Well, off to work for me.

Aloha, Tony

Since MSN groups died, there are now two (that I know of) new Nova groups out there, one is on the "My Family" set up thing, so it is closed to outsiders until you get an invite to join it, but one member had this to say about the New Nova Sharpening Center.........

I have unpacked my sharpening center and have it set up. Have tried a couple of tools, but not the full range, such as a fingernail, bowl gouge. From what I have experienced to this point Nova has some serious problems with this system. Hopefully today I will finish evaluating the system and will prepare a critique to be sent to Teknatool. I have it set up on a spare grinder, so I did not have to disturb my regular grinding system. My advise right now is that if you have a system that is working for you do not order this Nova center.

Also, I might add that I have been teaching sharpening to my students at the Community College for about 5 years and have experimented with almost every system of sharpening out there.

There is also the Yahoo Groups site...........

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teknatool/

But I see no discussion there about the new sharpening center.

Cheers!

Since MSN groups died, there are now two (that I know of) new Nova groups out there, one is on the "My Family" set up thing, so it is closed to outsiders until you get an invite to join it, but one member had this to say about the New Nova Sharpening Center.........

There is also the Yahoo Groups site...........

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teknatool/

But I see no discussion there about the new sharpening center.

Cheers!

Hey Stu what does this guy recommend then if he has tried them all? :huh:

It would have been nice if he stated what 3-4 of the problems were. For $89 I don't expect the Wolverine or Tormek system, but rather something more affordable that will still give good results for a broad spectrum, not each individual need...worth waiting for more reviews...:eek:

I've ordered one. Sold a HF lathe I had. I read a reviews and it appears there are a couple minor problems. One was the instructions are not that great, and for a 6" grinder. Has to be adjusted for a 8" grinder. The other mentioned problem was the plate that you sharpen on moved. Not sure what that meant. Nova has a fix for that I guess. It was also stated the the fingernail jig adjusts a little different than the wolverine, and the person that wrote the review liked it better.

I've been using homemade jigs for a couple years so I don't have to re-learn from the Wolverine. At about 1/2 the price of a Wolverine set up I know I will like it. Just my opinion, but I always thought the Wolverine was overpriced. Keep in mind I have never seen or used one.