Does any one?

Just how bad are those knives Chuck?

Maybe they only need a dressing up with one of those diamond hones or a "jointer blade hone", like what WC sells.

At least if the knives are not bad you wouldn't have to remove and install them.

Aloha, Tony

I sharpen my own. My jointer is 12", my planer is 20". It's taken awhile to get there, though. I have one of the Makita sharpeners, and could never get accurate results with it. I told my brother he could have it. I use a modified machine that I bought from Grizzly about 6 or 7 years ago. They don't sell it anymore...not surprised, as it had some flaws. 3450rpm motor for one thing...impossible not to burn the steel, and a slow-drip of machining fluid just got flung around the shop. The knife holder was also heavy and cumbersome to use. Eventually I changed out the motor for a variable speed dc motor from a treadmill and made a steel disk for the business end of the motor shaft. I attach various grit thin grinding wheels to the disk, depending on what shape the knives are in, and if I'm feeling ambitious finish it off with some 600/800 grit sandpaper (a la scary sharp), although this last step is unnecessary for these machines. I also modified the knife holder so it's lighter and easier to use, and did some work flattening and smoothing the two surfaces that slide together. I allocate an entire day for both machines, which includes sharpening 7 knives (3 jointer, 4 planer) and reinstalling and aligning them. If other things also need work (tables, rollers, etc) it can go into a second day. I think most folks consider this a waste of time, and prefer to send the knives out. I like being in control of the process. I like the results I get, so my tendency is to just do it when it's needed and not put it off. Also, my shop is not my livelihood, so spending a day or two on machine maintenance doesn't cut into cash flow.

Cheers.

chuck,
many moons ago i built a jig to sharpen planer knifes on a 6x48 sander. it mounted to the table that straddled the belt, had an adjustable table to support the knife along it`s length and used threaded rod to adjust the amount of steel removed.
noodle a method to support your knifes along their length and guide them past a belt or stone that you already possess. it`s not that hard and with a standard jib type cutterhead straight/sharp edges are more important than parallel with the back of the knife.
for quick touch-ups sandpaper on glass works well.

Chuck,
I use my Makita for my jointer/planer knives as well. How are your metal working skills? It seems to me that it wouldn't be difficult to make a replacement longer guide for it out of standard aluminum or stainless stock and some nuts and bolts. You wouldn't need an extruded piece if you built up a couple of pieces of bar stock on a base creating the equivelent of a mitered groove. The blade holding clamp doesn't look like rocket science either. I'd bet that for about $50 in materials and a couple of evenings you'd be set.
I like the Makita and get good results with it. You'd probably need to spend a LOT more money to replace the entire unit than you'd spend making a new longer guide / blade holder.
If you don't have the wherewithall, maybe you've got a friend or local shop that can help you.
Just an idea.
Paul Hubbman