Thread: Adult ADD

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Adult ADD

Yesterday I was sanding down some drawer I had make for the desk I am working on and was not entirely pleased with the box joints so I decided to make new ones, I got out some Baltic Birch and cut out the fronts, backs and the sides, Then I thought that maybe the reason why I didn't like the drawers I had made previously was that my box joint jig was off, so I decide to re make my box joint jig, I took some white oak scraps out of the scrap bin and milled some sqaure pieces out then I set up the dado blade in the TS and made a few test cuts, adjusted the dado blades til I had the perfect width for the fingure joint I then started to make a new joint sled only to discover that I needed a better way to cut the key etc for the joint in the face of the sled I thought about using my miter guide but found that I need soomething a little better so I thought "what about a dado sled", I come to this forum and asked about dado sled and lo and behold Allen showed me a dado sled that would take care of both of my problems. Sooo after church today I set out to build a dado sled but after ripping some boards out for the front and back of the sled, I made some slides for the sled to run in my miter slots on my TS, I then set up my belt sander to fine tune the guides to the saw and promptly noticed that I was lacking power to the 110 volts recepicle that my belt sander was plugged into. This was the same recepicle that I used for the TS and I also had seen a p[oor performace on the TS. Now I know that my temp shop is lacking in power so I plugged the sander into the other recepticle in the "shop" and was able to get the slide demensioned properly. Now I am faced with resetting up the Dados for the new dao/box joint sled, but I am not able to run the DC and the TS since I have a definte lack of power in this temp shop, so after much dilberation I decided that I need to run another circuit to the temp shop, I went down to the HW store and being sunday and being in the country they were closed. "Oh" I said to loml who had decided to go with me, "were halfway to Home depot lets just go there". so we drove the addition 4 miles to the orange borg and I got what I needed to install a new circuit. Since the TS is a 220/110 volt motor I decided that since I am installing a new circuit, why not make it a 220V circuit so I got the necessary stuff and went home. When I got home I put iin the necessary wiring, installed a new breaker, installed the plug, rewired the motor for 220, changed the plug and guess what now I have a 220V TS, but alas, it's getting dark and the lighting in the temp shop is so poor that it's too late to finish the sled to I can remake the drawers, so do you think I have adult ADD..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Hey, at least you remembered that you're working on drawers.

(I sure wish I could handle my shop power problems with a quick trip to the Borg...I need to upgrade the entire main panel to the house before I can think about adding power to the shop.)
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Thanks, Mark.

Custom Bonehead.

My diet is working good. I'm down to needing just one chair now.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin

Man, that sounds like a train wreck.

Richard

I feel that way every time I step in my shop. The last few time down there I haven't been able to get anything done, just started lots of projects. So yesterday I finally decided to make a list of things I need to do and then work on just one at a time. Since I decided to run a 110 circuit I got half way through and had to quit because I needed some boxes and all the hardware stores were already closed.
    Jim

Placitas, NM in the foothills of the Sandia Mt
    Its like that some days, the harder you work, the behinder you get.

Or, if you are like me, you'll do anything to avoid sanding

What was the question???????

No way Don, you done good!

You upgraded the feed to your TS, and you still have all ten fingers

Nothing wrong with that, the drawers will still be there in the morning!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

that sounds more like obsesive compulsive disorder aka OCD
    brent

The technical term for a sequence like that is "scavenger hunt".

Maturity lies in avoiding the self-induced variety...unfortunately the ones caused by bosses and customers can only be solved by retirement. DAMHIKT
    Where are we going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?