Adult ADD

Don Baer

Staff member
Yesterday I was sanding down some drawer I had make for the desk I am working on and was not entirely pleased with the box joints so I decided to make new ones, I got out some Baltic Birch and cut out the fronts, backs and the sides, Then I thought that maybe the reason why I didn't like the drawers I had made previously was that my box joint jig was off, so I decide to re make my box joint jig, I took some white oak scraps out of the scrap bin and milled some sqaure pieces out then I set up the dado blade in the TS and made a few test cuts, adjusted the dado blades til I had the perfect width for the fingure joint I then started to make a new joint sled only to discover that I needed a better way to cut the key etc for the joint in the face of the sled I thought about using my miter guide but found that I need soomething a little better so I thought "what about a dado sled", I come to this forum and asked about dado sled and lo and behold Allen showed me a dado sled that would take care of both of my problems. Sooo after church today I set out to build a dado sled but after ripping some boards out for the front and back of the sled, I made some slides for the sled to run in my miter slots on my TS, I then set up my belt sander to fine tune the guides to the saw and promptly noticed that I was lacking power to the 110 volts recepicle that my belt sander was plugged into. This was the same recepicle that I used for the TS and I also had seen a p[oor performace on the TS. Now I know that my temp shop is lacking in power so I plugged the sander into the other recepticle in the "shop" and was able to get the slide demensioned properly. Now I am faced with resetting up the Dados for the new dao/box joint sled, but I am not able to run the DC and the TS since I have a definte lack of power in this temp shop, so after much dilberation I decided that I need to run another circuit to the temp shop, I went down to the HW store and being sunday and being in the country they were closed. "Oh" I said to loml who had decided to go with me, "were halfway to Home depot lets just go there". so we drove the addition 4 miles to the orange borg and I got what I needed to install a new circuit. Since the TS is a 220/110 volt motor I decided that since I am installing a new circuit, why not make it a 220V circuit so I got the necessary stuff and went home. When I got home I put iin the necessary wiring, installed a new breaker, installed the plug, rewired the motor for 220, changed the plug and guess what now I have a 220V TS, but alas, it's getting dark and the lighting in the temp shop is so poor that it's too late to finish the sled to I can remake the drawers, so do you think I have adult ADD..:huh:

Hey, at least you remembered that you're working on drawers. :p

(I sure wish I could handle my shop power problems with a quick trip to the Borg...I need to upgrade the entire main panel to the house before I can think about adding power to the shop.)

I feel that way every time I step in my shop. The last few time down there I haven't been able to get anything done, just started lots of projects. So yesterday I finally decided to make a list of things I need to do and then work on just one at a time. Since I decided to run a 110 circuit I got half way through and had to quit because I needed some boxes and all the hardware stores were already closed.:(

No way Don, you done good! :thumb:

You upgraded the feed to your TS, and you still have all ten fingers :clap:

Nothing wrong with that, the drawers will still be there in the morning! :rofl:

The technical term for a sequence like that is "scavenger hunt". :eek: :doh:

Maturity lies in avoiding the self-induced variety...unfortunately the ones caused by bosses and customers can only be solved by retirement. DAMHIKT