Snowstorms, felines, and nomenclature

Our last cats were Fred and Ginger! They were litter mates and those were the first names that came to mind for us. :D

You really need to get a bigger cat box for her!!:eek: BTW, the other night I saw a mini infomercial of a new cat box that you did have to change or add any litter.:thumb: It had some kind of pellets in the tray and an automatic scooping system, But wait:eek: it's not the one you're thinking of!!! :DThis one also will clean it's self!!! The machine will "wash" the pellets and dry them and it is plumbed so you don't have to change any cleaning water. The water was plumbed into the washing machine drain or with a hooked house that went under a toilet seat. No price was given. :rofl::rofl:

She is beautiful Bill. Nice colors like exotic wood.

BOCOTE%201917_small.JPG

Bocote

GRANDILLO%201868%20%281%29_small.JPG

Grandillo

BOWLS%202365_small.jpg

Imbuia

BOWLS%202363_small.jpg

Monterillo

tambootie%20%281%29_small.jpg

Tambootie

My cat's name is Olivia, she is black and white.

Our last cats were Fred and Ginger! They were litter mates and those were the first names that came to mind for us. :D

You really need to get a bigger cat box for her!!:eek: BTW, the other night I saw a mini infomercial of a new cat box that you did have to change or add any litter.:thumb: It had some kind of pellets in the tray and an automatic scooping system, But wait:eek: it's not the one you're thinking of!!! :DThis one also will clean it's self!!! The machine will "wash" the pellets and dry them and it is plumbed so you don't have to change any cleaning water. The water was plumbed into the washing machine drain or with a hooked house that went under a toilet seat. No price was given. :rofl::rofl:

Tidy Cat has a new system called the Breeze, which with one cat is very low maintenance, the pellets let the urine through, and there is a pad which is easily changed. you simply have to scoop out the unmentionables with the supplied scoop. The pellets aren't too expensive, and they're easy to deal with, and they should be renewed every so often, and totally changed out about once a month.

We have this system here, the only problem we found was that the pellets got underfoot and the LOML's neuropathy made them painful, so we switched over to a traditional litter box.

I'd go back in a heartbeat, the pellets were simpler to deal with, and the scent was Much easier to deal with. (except for when freshly visited, at which point, NO system is all that pleasant to cope with)

... BTW, the other night I saw a mini infomercial of a new cat box that you did have to change or add any litter.:thumb: It had some kind of pellets in the tray and an automatic scooping system, But wait:eek: it's not the one you're thinking of!!! :DThis one also will clean it's self!!! The machine will "wash" the pellets and dry them and it is plumbed so you don't have to change any cleaning water. The water was plumbed into the washing machine drain or with a hooked house that went under a toilet seat. No price was given. :rofl::rofl:

I have a friend who bought one of those, but gave up on it after a month or so. It didn't work for her as advertised...it leaked and was more hassle than it was worth. She did have (and was happy with) the Litter Mate electric litter box that has an automatic rake to remove the lumps.

Well I don't have any of those Exotic Literary Names, but just One Look at the first Picture, and the name came Immediately, (If She were living in Our House).:D

Ok, Ok, ... De Name......De Name,............."SPLOTCHES".:thumb::D

Why even name it? How many cats come when you call their name?

In case you have forgotten them, let me refer you to cat rules

HUMANS:Humans have three primary functions: to feed us, to play with and give attention to us, and to clean the litter box. It is important to maintain one's Dignity when around humans so that they will not forget who is the master of the house. Humans need to know basic rules. They can be taught if you start early and are consistent.

AS for the name,,, Ralph

Given her color scheme, how about Mottle? (Not Motley; too male-sounding. ;))

Is she a wailer? You could call her Siren, which has a literary tie-in with The Odyssey....

Hmmm ...

ChocoNut?
Melange?
Mississippi Mud? ("Miss' Mud" for short :eek:)

Automatic scooping boxes are the best. I had cats for years and will get another when I get out of here. I gave up my original automatic box, which I used for over 20 years. It was still working when I gave it up. :thumb:

It required emptying the tray every 4th or 5th day. I lined the expensive plastic 'disposal" trays with supermarket plastic bags. Two disposals in one! I replaced the litter entirely every couple of months. In between I just added some. The litter you use is important. The cheap stuff from the feed store seemed to work the best for me. Go figure...:dunno:

How may times does that happen? :D:D