NN UPdate part ???? Late Winter Edition

Rob Keeble

Well just to vent to guys that understand I thought I would post as a little humor an update to the battle with my NN.

Somehow Sunday seems to be the day when a certain bottle gets tipped over a little too far and then I have to suffer verbal abuse.

Well yesterday I woke up and decided to do my duty and attend the Home Workshop show. I figure if you want a show to keep coming round you better support it otherwise dont whine when its gone and be a I wish kinda person.

So I return from the show and all motivated by the machines etc decide to head to the shop for a few hours of R and R with my toys. I am currently building a sandpaper storage rack/mini cabinet.

Well its 7:30pm all quiet on the Northern Front and I decide to pack it in for the day. Been cutting narrow dado slots in some plywood.

Lights off close the door and step into the darkness and next thing the abuse starts flying from darkness next door.

Having decided not to give them the pleasure of acknowledging their prescence I retreated to my home and ignored them.

But today after checking out the a machine that Larry is soon to become the proud owner of, I took a trip down to the local police station to consult the long arm of the law. I decided that while I live in a democracy I will no longer put up with this kind of abuse.

Now luck must have been on my side to find one of Canada's finest Policeman that also happens to be a hobby woodworker. Explained the situation to him and he suggested I consult a lawyer and have a cease and desist letter drawn up and set to them. He also suggested that he could have a officer and cruiser sent around to their house which given the cultural background of the individuals concerned would cause a great deal of loss of face but would undoubtedly cause an escalation of the battle which would not result in any peace. I told him I would discuss the matter with LOML who now wishes to go over there and sort them out the way she would her kids if they were naughty little boys.

He did say that I should be careful not to deliver such letter personally or even put foot on their property or given the experience he has had they would probably claim i was trespassing.

It amazes me how people can get away with this and cause one to have to incurr cost with legal guys to get your rights to live in peace.

At the end of the day I figured must be worth a good laugh on all our parts. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Life is too short to bother with them.

So stay tuned for the next episode of this exciting journey.:rofl::rofl:

...Having decided not to give them the pleasure of acknowledging their prescence I retreated to my home and ignored them....

I don't know if I would have that kind of self control. :D I would be very tempted to tell them not only what to pound (sand), but where to pound it (three guesses).

I'll be looking forward to the next installment in the saga.

Rob, I know what youre feeling. Forget it.
The neighbor has no life of his own. Nothing, thats why he initiates something, cause he has zero life and wants a part of yours, or at least to drag someone down to his miserable level of existance.
I can crush my piece of garbage neighbor like a soda can, and he knows it, the reason he spies from inside his doors and windows, and waits for me to leave to do his tiny little moronic things, so Ive learned to ignore him. Well, most of the time.

Go about your business, and if he confronts you on your property, invading your space, well, 2x4s have many uses, but I dont condone violence.

It is really good your talked to the cops, now they are aware of the problem and you have one sane person in the cop shop on your side, or at least aware of your side :D

I don't know about the lawyer thing, that could get messy and expensive, if he decides to retaliate, there are too many cases of some nutball being able to run a person or business out of town by constantly bringing up lawsuits etc. You live in Canada, so that may not be as much of a problem as it seems to be in the US, but still :rolleyes:

Maybe talking to a lawyer, just to see what your options are is not a bad investment :dunno:

Best of luck, and vent anytime you like :wave:

Wow - this is like NN Group Therapy . . .

Rob and Stu are already on record with their NN history.
Allen just shared a hint of his situation.
Other folks have posted some incredible NN stories here in the past.

I personally have been extremely lucky with my NN experiences (knock wood). :doh:

Like Stu said - feel free to vent here any time you need.

Hang in there - Jim

After going to court, due to an extremely careless error on my part, (a 15 dollar permit), one which my neighbor thought he was taking down the worlds most wanted criminal and insisted on harrassing the local village town officials about, I learned about noisy ridiculous neighbors, and will never make that error again. Ofcourse, after not sleeping for 4 months, building a defense which invovled something like 14 affadavits from other neighbors, the prosecuting attorney for my town shook my hand and apologized for such nonsense,(i never even showed him anything we brought with us) and had the judge wave all penalties, total cost for me, 15.00 dollars which I paid 3 months before court date, that and enough stress to kill anyone.
Ive never spoken another word to my neighbor except for under my breath, not things I care or would be permitted to post here.
I learned to let it go. Life is way too short to be caught up with morons that have too much time on their hands and no way to spend it other than harass other people for no good reason.

during my stressful period of neighbor harrassment, I learned about all these websites devoted to neighbor problems and couldnt believe the expense and real problems people had with neighbors.

I truly hope Rob can find a way around this annoying person that doesnt cost him or cause him too many sleepness nights. Like I said, life is way too short, and should be spent enjoying what time we have while were here.

Good vibes for you Rob, nothing but good stuff from the place underneath you geographically.

well rob,, just wait till they see the next stranger to walk in your shop:) and i do have demannor to me when i am sober:) i can practice up my NN language cuz after i leave yuor the one that has to deal with whats left...lets see ambasodr and now enforcer as well.. :rofl::rofl:

Thanks guys for all the support and advice. The forum is a good form of therapy and of course allows one to get something off your chest with people who understand. There is one aspect that really helps, when you find that you are not the only one dealing with people like this it makes you feel far less of a victim and you get to realize again, (not that i need remiding) that the world is made up of all kinds of people.

This way I avoid picking up the spare 2X4s and making unlawful use of them.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I feel much better about them today.

well rob,, just wait till they see the next stranger to walk in your shop:) and i do have demannor to me when i am sober:) i can practice up my NN language cuz after i leave yuor the one that has to deal with whats left...lets see ambasodr and now enforcer as well.. :rofl::rofl:

mental picture of larry in his kilt a tad tipsy after a few too many barley-pops introducing himself...:D:eek:

I was reading the posts here and got thinking:eek: of an idea that could help. You mentioned the police officer that you spoke with was a WW'er. Why not invite him over to see the shop and talk WW'ing when he's off duty? Not knowing his abilities with tools and wood he just might jump at the chance to be able to talk shop with a fellow WW'er. It would be nice to have him in your corner down the road.:thumb:

BTY Rob, I haven't forgotten to get a message off to you.:eek:

Royall has an excellent idea there. Maybe you will get lucky and the NN will go off while your new found cop buddy is visiting.

Never mind that having a LEO for a friend is never a bad thing