Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OK - I'm ready for a test - A WIP

OK - I'm ready for a test - A WIP

I've been spending some time with a new program for designing web sites - something easy. My formerly pitiful website now has some content!

I respect the opinions of those gathered here, so I'm asking that you take a quick look and give me some honest feedback. It's still in need of work , I just want to know if I'm heading in the right direction. I think all the links work except the one for email. Can't seem to get that one to work. It opens an email window, but my email address only works for outbound mail. I've already contacted my hosting service to try and get it fixed.

The link is in my sig line below.

So. OK - hit me.
    Last edited by Rennie Heuer; 03-10-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Updated
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Lookin' pretty good, Rennie. Always nice to make good use of your "free" time.

Where are you taking it from here?
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Just a few thoughts...on the portfolio page make the pics clickable too. Also in the about me page make the words "contact me" a link to the contact page or direct to email...and lastly a nice pic of your favorite project or something on the home page to fill in the page below under construction...testing, testing...

Looks great and I like the color scheme a lot. Can't wait to see the finished product.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    Lookin' pretty good, Rennie. Always nice to make good use of your "free" time.

Where are you taking it from here?
    Don't really know Jim. Wherever it leads me I guess. I don't know which doors will open.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bower View Post
    Just a few thoughts...on the portfolio page make the pics clickable too.
    Done
    Also in the about me page make the words "contact me" a link to the contact page or direct to email.
    Done

..and lastly a nice pic of your favorite project or something on the home page to fill in the page below under construction...testing, testing...

Looks great and I like the color scheme a lot. Can't wait to see the finished product.
    Done

Uploading the changes right now - thanks for the great advice!

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

WOW!! All that in 9 min.!!

Hope this opens lots of doors for you. If nothing else you should market a little to other churches in the area maybe?
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Looks fine from here.
    Only one question, is that supposed to be "one off"? Or, did you mean "one of"?

WOW!! All that in 9 min.!!

Hope this opens lots of doors for you. If nothing else you should market a little to other churches in the area maybe?
    Already looking at that possibility

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    Looks fine from here.
    Only one question, is that supposed to be "one off"? Or, did you mean "one of"?
    I've heard it both ways, not sure. You are the recognized wordsmith in the family. What say ye?

www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    Already looking at that possibility

I've heard it both ways, not sure. You are the recognized wordsmith in the family. What say ye?
    Thanks for the confidence. My second thought on seeing that was mayhaps you didn't do it by mistake. I'm now wondering if it is one of those trade terms that some of us are not versed in.
    Even if it has some traditional origin and is correct, I'm now wondering if it could be confusing to potential customers. If so, might they also think you dunno whatcha talking about?

on the church furniture portfolio page make the pictures clickable... as well as the title bar
    Dragon's Paradox - ** working on updates ** Custom and One Of A Kind Heirloom Quality Hand Crafted Jewelry & Gifts

Your a shoe in everything looks fine rennie.. good font choice as well. clean and appealing
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!