Just 'cuz

Jim Burr

This a piece of spalted sumthin-ur-other I grabed off eBay. It is so punky and unstable all I could think of was a bowl. I did a recessed foot (is that still a foot? :huh:) and left it smooth. Gotta admit, on this one...I like it. That one is for you Kerry!:thumb:
4x2 with a undercut lip. Myland's finish because it's not gonna get used for a doggone thing :rofl::rofl:.
As always...lemme know what ya think :D

Attachments

• Wood 132.jpg
    Wood 132.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Wood 133.jpg
    Wood 133.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 51
That looks a lot like some spalted maple I got a couple years ago. You did a lot better job with it than I did with mine. :thumb: Great job, Jim.

I did a recessed foot [...] and left it smooth. Gotta admit, on this one...I like it. That one is for you Kerry!:thumb:

Wow - I'm honored! Does this mean that I need to turn something with 4 lines on the bottom? :rolleyes: Why not? Fair is fair, right?

Great job on the "Punk Express". :thumb:

Ha!! No you don't. But in this application, as soft and punky as the wood was, I appreciated your input. Circles would have torn out and made a mess. It was useful and helpful to have another option that went well with the bowl. I'm going to keep that in mind on the others soaking up the drink (3 in DNA). :D :thumb:. Thanks again Kerry, all ideas have a place ;)