Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodsprites crockery

Woodsprites crockery

That's what someone on another forum called it

My favourite type of turning has always been where there is a combination of the original wood and the turned wood giving a tactile contrast as well as the visual one. (Boy that sounbds pretentious )

I haven't done one for a while so when this piece of wood came up I decided to go back to my first love.

Wood is apparently Bradford Pear: Bowl is 6" dia in most directions it's a bit difficult measuring things like this. Approx. 3 1/2" tall, bowl is 3" deep. Finished with wax polish to provide contrast with bark (and lichen )

I know it's not everyone's taste but be interesting to see what folks think

Yes it still has lichen on it and the scar is a small branch that was cut ioff and the wound is also polished

Pete

differnt just like me i like the other style like this one.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Dunno about everyone else's tastes, but I sure like it.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Pete...I just dunno. We are all drawn to wood for it's inate beauty of "what's on the inside". The outside bottom is great...cool color and finish. I think the bowl part (and this sounds stupid) reminds me something weird, just dunno what . It's is a neat idea, half natural edge, half natural!! And again...the bottom is great
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

Absolutely fantastic... I love it! I also have an idea now what I am going to do with some of the pieces I rescued from the wood stove pile
    Dragon's Paradox - ** working on updates ** Custom and One Of A Kind Heirloom Quality Hand Crafted Jewelry & Gifts

I like it, I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't pay money for it (you'd have to know how tight I am), but I do like it. Nice finish, great job.

The piece is a beauty. I like it.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Pete, I love it! Leaving the moss and lichen on it makes it look very natural and the contrast with the turned part really sets it off. Well Done.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

You found something interesting inside what was probably a very ugly hunk of wood.

I really like it. I have tried to turn some bowls that are a little out of the ordinary too. Not sure if mine matched up. That is a beautiful piece.